NS Bikes Capital Appreciation Thread (CAT)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
NS Bikes Capital Appreciation Thread (CAT)
Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 15:50 Quote
the cap is orange in one and red in the other too lol

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 16:48 Quote
mhike03 wrote:
nolan805 wrote:
mhike03 wrote:
the new capital doesn't have a integrated seatpost but a integ seat clamp
not the pivotal seat post anymore??

look at the orange capital

I kind of like tat they are moving away from integrated pivotal seat post. It should do little (no?) dirrence weight vise, for those running Pivotal seats, and is only positive both weight- and choice vise if using any other seat style. Also, it may seem that the lighter tripod system is on its full way in. I myself would rather want more high end seat/post combos.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 16:57 Quote
And one more thing, completely new theme. Anyone who knows of really good and light inner tubes? Except the Eclipses, which I have heard is pretty bad, or does anyone have any good experiences with them?

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 17:30 Quote
mhike03 wrote:
nolan805 wrote:
mhike03 wrote:
the new capital doesn't have a integrated seatpost but a integ seat clamp
not the pivotal seat post anymore??

look at the orange capital

they needed 4 damn years to finally get rid of that monstrosity. I wouldn't complain if they would at least gave you the option to cut it off.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 17:35 Quote
Some one did and it worked out fine. It would be pretty simple to cut it off.

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 4:13 Quote
BSal wrote:
Some one did and it worked out fine. It would be pretty simple to cut it off.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://simplebmx.com/upload/uploads/Simple_Enigma_v3_blue3_2.jpg
This is how you do it! There is no room for a clamp on the NS, you are forced on the wedge post Cry

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
Hope they dropped the wide chainstay junction on them for wider tyres, or fitting 26 onto the 24 frame.. Just can't get a good chainline.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 11:44 Quote
NS Capital 2009

New picture of my cap! Almost the same picture angle as the first pic I posted here, but with all new specs Wink

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 13:43 Quote
By the way, how crucial is it to change your chain when installing a new driver? The chain I am currently using is like 4-5 years old, but only been ridden around 50 miles or something like that (the hub and cog is new). Should the chain be fine, or would you guys recommend changing it? If so, would the KHE Tanga hold up to street riding?

Also, I've had some loud clicks from my hub or cranks. Is this due to the hub skipping, or maybe even the chain, or am I maybe running the chain too tight? If it is the hub skipping; is this normal on a new Profile mini hub? Will the skipping frequency get better (kind of a like a running in fase?), worse, or remain the same? It happened like 3-4 times on a 6 km trip (around 3,7 miles).

Hope some of you will be able to answer.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 18:08 Quote
henry-turner wrote:
i have no idea why they did the sub in the nicest colour ever... trans purple... but not the majCry Cry Cry Cry Cry Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://psbmx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/P1010059-768x1024.jpg
ns bikes always f*ck up on their frame colours Facepalm

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 20:38 Quote
caravanking wrote:
Hope they dropped the wide chainstay junction on them for wider tyres, or fitting 26 onto the 24 frame.. Just can't get a good chainline.

like that men Big Grin

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 21:38 Quote
HaakonJohansen wrote:
By the way, how crucial is it to change your chain when installing a new driver? The chain I am currently using is like 4-5 years old, but only been ridden around 50 miles or something like that (the hub and cog is new). Should the chain be fine, or would you guys recommend changing it? If so, would the KHE Tanga hold up to street riding?

Also, I've had some loud clicks from my hub or cranks. Is this due to the hub skipping, or maybe even the chain, or am I maybe running the chain too tight? If it is the hub skipping; is this normal on a new Profile mini hub? Will the skipping frequency get better (kind of a like a running in fase?), worse, or remain the same? It happened like 3-4 times on a 6 km trip (around 3,7 miles).

It could be your chain. See how well it engages on the teeth of your sprocket and driver, if it's too stretched it won't sit on the teeth properly. Also, check your chainline, and if there are any kinks in your sprocket. The hub shouldn't skip, and if your cranks don't spin fairly freely then your chain is too tight

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 2:20 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
HaakonJohansen wrote:

It could be your chain. See how well it engages on the teeth of your sprocket and driver, if it's too stretched it won't sit on the teeth properly. Also, check your chainline, and if there are any kinks in your sprocket. The hub shouldn't skip, and if your cranks don't spin fairly freely then your chain is too tight

Thanks a lot man! The cranks can easily spin around one whole rotational round (which I guess is fairly freely?), and the chain seems to sit quite nice on the teeth. However, when I just checked, some times the chain would have some slight problem before getting into place on the driver, so I guess I might have to change it.

Also, while I'm at it; when the hub was completely new, I noticed that it didn't spin evenly easy around on one whole rotation, but I guess this is normal, right? Like before everything is driven in.

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
Yeah sounds like you need a new chain. And with a new hub the springs are going to be pretty stiff Smile

Posted: Aug 31, 2014 at 9:09 Quote
Thanks a lot man! Really appreciate your feedback. Does anyone know if there is any differences, performance wise, between the black, silver and the gold KMC K710-SL chain?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013076
Mobile Version of Website