Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
mindmap3 wrote:
My Scout now with a coil shock

photo

How did you get a DHX RC4 in Scout dimensions???? I've always wanted to try a coil shock.

I assumed that Fox did them?

I picked it up cheap off eBay. I think the chap I bought it from had bought a bunch of shocks when Mojo shifted a load of their stock cheap after they parted ways with Fox.

I'd definitely recommend it. It's bloody heavy compared to the Monarch, but so far I reckon it feels way better because it's more sensitive and really does make the rear end feel like it has more than 125mm of travel.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 7:12 Quote
mindmap3 wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:
mindmap3 wrote:

photo

How did you get a DHX RC4 in Scout dimensions???? I've always wanted to try a coil shock.

I picked it up cheap off eBay. I think the chap I bought it from had bought a bunch of shocks when Mojo shifted a load of their stock cheap after they parted ways with Fox.

I'd definitely recommend it. It's bloody heavy compared to the Monarch, but so far I reckon it feels way better because it's more sensitive and really does make the rear end feel like it has more than 125mm of travel.

Hmmm, I've never seen one in 7.5x2. I'll check it out, thanks!

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 4:23 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
mindmap3 wrote:

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 18:56 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
My TR500 size large is a touch too small for me at 6'2", so it's up for sale if anyone is interested. May consider selling as frame only as well.

Bluewater87 wrote:
I swapped out the 450# for a SLS 525#, as well as my other vaults to match.
36.1# as pictured.
photo

photo

Here's an older pic
Bluewater87 wrote:
photo

FYI selling in forums is heavily frowned upon. Nice TR5 though.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
EKrum wrote:
Snow is here and my riding season is over. Is it worth all the work to do a full tear down and rebuild of all the pivots on my 2017 Patrol C? I have never done that with my other bikes but I love this one so much I want to make sure I take care of it as well as possible, but if it nots worth doing I don't want to bother.

Pull the rear shock and cycle the linkage... if you feel grit, grime, or any stickiness do it. I breathed new life into covert with new bearings and bolts...

absolutely worth taking a look see, use proper tools though (i.e. quality wrenches and sockets) and take your time wrenching on aluminum pivot caps. and if you do replace bearings, I recommend non other than enduro max

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 9:32 Quote
fooby wrote:
Had the first blast on my freshly built Bottlerocket yesterday at Glentress. Mixing the old with the new. Despite the weight and geometry, with the 1x11 and relatively light build I actually kept up fine with everyone on newer AM bikes up the hills (although I was probably much more tired at the top) and had a massive grin on my face all the way down Beer Might lower the Lyrik to 150mm to make it a bit more manageable on the steep climbs which are a big part or Northumberland / Lakes / Borders riding.

The Bottlerocket is still an absolute blast event though it's looking old alongside most bikes on the hill now. Definitely had a few grins and comments about it!

First blast on the Bottlerocket at Glentress. Keeping it old school

the only that beast needs now is a dropper to be fully proper

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 5:11 Quote
that scout looks amazing!

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
Had Sam Pilgrim and crew out staying with us, it was pretty sweet to guide him and join in in some filming.

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 4:19 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Had Sam Pilgrim and crew out staying with us, it was pretty sweet to guide him and join in in some filming.

nice riding ... trail looks fun

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 7:57 Quote
I picked up a 2008 (I think) Preston FR with a 2008 Manitou Travis 125, Chris King headset, Easton stem/bars, Swing xt shock, and Raceface downhill cranks. All brand new, never been ridden. I haven't weighed the bike with everything on it, but I'm estimating around 39lbs. Got an insane deal on it, couldn't pass it up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbj11-zHhk4/

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
Just picked up this 2017 Scout the other week.

photo

Great bike, wish i'd picked one up sooner

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
Hi all. I just got a 2017 Patrol Alloy - will post a photo later, but it's pretty standard stealthed out.

I'm just a little concerned with the pressure in the air shock. Rockshox SuperDeluxe. I'm about 82kg / 180lbs on average when I'm out riding. I set the sag at 35% as recommended, but only used 135psi. I'm not used to having shock pressures that low. Anyone else care to post their riding weight and shock pressure to see if I'm not the only one.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
The Super Deluxe is designed to be run at lower pressures, was one of the design goals of the whole metric standard. I'm about the same weight as you kitted up and running about the same pressure.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
Just fitted an MRP Ribbon, now to take a degree in Quantum Mechanics so I can figure out how to set it up!
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020236
Mobile Version of Website