Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 10:14 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
My Patrol after a refresh! A new lick of paint and a drivetrain upgrade.

Patrol at Afan Forest

Lovely that!! Reminds me of my Covert 26 in gunmetal and blue Big Grin

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 11:47 Quote
marko369 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
My Patrol after a refresh! A new lick of paint and a drivetrain upgrade.

Patrol at Afan Forest

Lovely that!! Reminds me of my Covert 26 in gunmetal and blue Big Grin

Thanks mate! I had a covert too! Loved it! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 22:10 Quote
Wheel replacement installed.

My 2018 Transition Sentinel

Swtiched/sold the ENVE front wheel and now using the matching front DT Swiss M1700 wheel, 34 lbs and 2 ounces.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 2:25 Quote
Can anyone with a 2019 carbon sentinel tell me if they have a drain hole below the bb?. A pic would be perfect

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 7:38 Quote
I don't have a sentinel but my new 2019 smuggler definitely does have a drain hole in the bottom bracket shell.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
LoganRory-314 wrote:
Can anyone with a 2019 carbon sentinel tell me if they have a drain hole below the bb?. A pic would be perfect
It's got a drain hole fella!

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 18:18 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
I don't have a sentinel but my new 2019 smuggler definitely does have a drain hole in the bottom bracket shell.

What are your thoughts so far on the Smuggler vs your Jeffsy?

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 19:01 Quote
photo

Oh, this thing? Its too early to really say for sure but I did two rides on it so far this weekend. One was a mix of two bike park laps and then an alpine-ish trek to rail on some raw rugged singletrack in Vernon, BC. And today rode a 36km and 1300m elevation epic loop that's a 30 min climb to a 60 min decent followed by a 2 hour climb out back to the car. Took 5 hours with breaks. It's called Beowulf at Silverstar Bike Park, if you're interested. And no, we did not use the chairlift.

Differences I notice for sure is that the 500mm reach on my XL is more suited to my height. And the suspension is a vast improvement. I thought I was doing pretty well with the Luftkappe upgraded Pike and stock Monarch RCT3 on my Jeffsy, but the fox options on the Smuggler are much better. And that's just setting up air and rebound, haven't really tried to dial them in yet. The steep seat angle helped a lot on climbs today. Could I really tell a difference with SGB? Hard to say, I think it's too early to tell for sure. I have never ridden these two areas before today so I won't really know until I get a bunch of solid riding on my local trails.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 19:03 Quote
I should mention I swapped out the stock Stan's Arch wheels and kept my Flows from my Jeffsy (which I had bought as an upgrade), and also kept my Chromag BZA 800mm carbon handlebar and took off the Guide brakes and put on my Shimano XTs. All of the unused parts will go onto the Jeffsy for resale.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 19:11 Quote
Awesome, thanks! I forget, was your Jeffsy a 27 or 29?

I’m considering a Jeffsy 27, or a Smuggler. I’m tall too so the shorter reach has been the main thing holding me back from buying a Jeffsy.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 19:12 Quote
Camstyn wrote:

I’m considering a Jeffsy 27, or a Smuggler. I’m tall too so the shorter reach has been the main thing holding me back from buying a Jeffsy.

And YT still runs a bit on the short end when considering their reach. I rode their Capra 650B and had a medium and I would've preferred to be on a large.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 20:07 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

And YT still runs a bit on the short end when considering their reach. I rode their Capra 650B and had a medium and I would've preferred to be on a large.

Yes I have a Capra now, which is 500mm reach in size XXL. My other bike is a Transition Vanquish which also has 500mm reach. I’m leery of going shorter than that since that is what I’m accustomed to and I’m 6’5. The Jeffsy 29er is only 465mm so that’s out for sure, but the 27.5 is 480mm so I don’t know if it will be a drastic change from 500.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 20:35 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Yes I have a Capra now, which is 500mm reach in size XXL. My other bike is a Transition Vanquish which also has 500mm reach. I’m leery of going shorter than that since that is what I’m accustomed to and I’m 6’5. The Jeffsy 29er is only 465mm so that’s out for sure, but the 27.5 is 480mm so I don’t know if it will be a drastic change from 500.

I'm also 6'5 and was on a Jeffsy 29 with a 60mm stem. Now on a 500mm reach with 40mm stem. Might bump it to 50mm stem which would be a net 25mm reach increase. But don't want to mess with the sbg thing yet. I have a lot of testing to do. But yeah I think the Jeffsy 29 is too short for anyone 6'3ish or taller without putting a longer stem on.

Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 22:47 Quote
+ 10mm stem = + 25mm reach? Could you exlain that?

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2018 at 23:50 Quote
New XL Smuggler with 50mm stem, effective 510 reach

Old XL Jeffsy with 60mm stem, effective 485mm reach

25mm reach increase

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013982
Mobile Version of Website