Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
just leave this here

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 14:55 Quote
mtb-scotland wrote:
just leave this here

Pretty sure this is the new Sentinel. Those shock lengths are for Trunnion mount shocks. Current Sentinel is 140 mm. Think 140mm.....trail duty, 150mm bike park enduro days.

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
The question is how do they achieve the two different travel lengths? Do you gotta switch out the shock? 205mm x 62.5mm for 150mm travel and 205mm x 57.5 for 140mm travel? Maybe you can throw a large bottom out bumper in there to reduce the travel? Assuming its a coil shock.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
Recently finished building a 2019 Carbon Patrol from the frame up and wanted to share my steed with the TR lovers of the world!

Fox Factory front & rear
Stan's Flow with Hope Pro 4 hubs in choice orange
Anvl stem, bars, and saddle
PNW grips
PNW Bachelor Dropper w/ PNW remote
Maxxis DHF DHRII rubber
Shimano Deore XT brakes w ice tech rotors
Sram GX eagle drivetrain
Hope crankset
one up switch chainring

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 11:49 Quote
GGShredDoggGG wrote:
The question is how do they achieve the two different travel lengths? Do you gotta switch out the shock? 205mm x 62.5mm for 150mm travel and 205mm x 57.5 for 140mm travel? Maybe you can throw a large bottom out bumper in there to reduce the travel? Assuming its a coil shock.

The sticker indicates that the travel is adjusted by changing the stroke length on the shock itself. Some shocks change the stroke length by swapping out a spacer for all models of a given eye to eye length, others require more work.

A question I'd have is what does the motion ratio look like between 150 vs 140 setups? Unless there's a flip chip in there somewhere, the 150mm version is going to be inherently more progressive.

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 15:34 Quote
b3n wrote:
GGShredDoggGG wrote:

The sticker indicates that the travel is adjusted by changing the stroke length on the shock itself. Some shocks change the stroke length by swapping out a spacer for all models of a given eye to eye length, others require more work.

A question I'd have is what does the motion ratio look like between 150 vs 140 setups? Unless there's a flip chip in there somewhere, the 150mm version is going to be inherently more progressive.

Someone mentioned elsewhere they will give the choice between the 62.5 or 57.5 shock when you buy it. If thats the case then your stuck with one travel unless you get the other shock.

My GG Shred Dogg all you have to do is move one bolt and you got 130mm very firm travel for trail, and 140mm very plush travel for gnarly days. I cant help to think that Transition wouldn't miss the mark on this but we'll find out soon enough.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
My new complete custom build. Went for as many “local” parts as possible (Chromag, OneUp, PNW and of course Transition)

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 23:16 Quote
chriswells wrote:
My new complete custom build. Went for as many “local” parts as possible (Chromag, OneUp, PNW and of course Transition)

Drool Drool Drool

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
chriswells wrote:

@chriswells

What are your thoughts on those Phase 30 wheels?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
ehfour wrote:
chriswells wrote:

@chriswells

What are your thoughts on those Phase 30 wheels?

I love them. I’ve beaten the snot out of my other pair on my Chromag and they’ve stayed perfectly true for 18 months, not even a re-tension. This is after going through 3 different cracked rims the year before.

Highly recommended. And the BA30 is even stronger, albeit slightly heavier.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
finally finished it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008977
Mobile Version of Website