Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Gazmeredith wrote:
First Post

Took delivery of this absolute weapon the other wk, honestly can’t keep myself off it atm

Never had so much fun

Congratulations.
Patrol is the best bike.
Nobody can convince me otherwise.

I thought so too... then I bought a sentinel v2 :-)

I thought maybe my v3 Scout would change my mind. It didn't. At least not yet. Patrol is the ride or die.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Congratulations.
Patrol is the best bike.
Nobody can convince me otherwise.

I thought maybe my v3 Scout would change my mind. It didn't. At least not yet. Patrol is the ride or die.

Thats good to hear, I've been thinking about getting a new scout myself but I feel the extra travel of my patrol is justified in my case. I think I'll stick with the ol trusty steed.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
SquattiePippen wrote:

Thats good to hear, I've been thinking about getting a new scout myself but I feel the extra travel of my patrol is justified in my case. I think I'll stick with the ol trusty steed.

Has anyone tried an upshocked scout? That plus the CC link which was just cleared for the scout looks like it would at least rival the patrol if not be an upgrade. I bet Transition is working on a patrol overhaul. Something akin to the nukeproof giga would be my guess.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 17:34 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Beecee336 wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Has anyone tried an upshocked scout? That plus the CC link which was just cleared for the scout looks like it would at least rival the patrol if not be an upgrade. I bet Transition is working on a patrol overhaul. Something akin to the nukeproof giga would be my guess.

I have ridden my Scout at 65mm stroke (for just one ride, piggyback and arch clears fine on my XL frame) Rode great but still not as much of a bomber as my Patrol, fair to mention that my patrol has a CC link and avy'd shock though.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
Repost from the other thread since I want people to see how lit my patrol looks now haha

alexvos wrote:
So at the end of last year I picked up a cascade link for my patrol, and once I saw how good it looked in person I ended up going a little overboard.. I did a complete vinyl wrap with all new decals.

Now I just have to cut some new fork and shock logos to match

photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
alexvos wrote:
Repost from the other thread since I want people to see how lit my patrol looks now haha

alexvos wrote:
So at the end of last year I picked up a cascade link for my patrol, and once I saw how good it looked in person I ended up going a little overboard.. I did a complete vinyl wrap with all new decals.

photo

What year patrol is that?

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Beecee336 wrote:
alexvos wrote:

alexvos wrote:

photo

It’s the 2020 alloy

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Heading into the 2021 season with my 2019 Patrol and no plan to get rid of it. I have a 12 speed Shimano groupset that I can't muster the energy to install, but I suppose I should get around to it soon.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Went from this
My Transition Sentinel oncoil

to this
Transition Scout XT The bike that embodies Party in the woods

What a bike. The Scout truly embodies "Party in the woods"Beer

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
larscha-nsfr wrote:
Went from this
My Transition Sentinel oncoil

to this
Transition Scout XT The bike that embodies Party in the woods

What a bike. The Scout truly embodies "Party in the woods"Beer

From coil to air, from sram to shimano. Interesting choices mate. Do you like a less travel bike mate? Which one you like more?

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
niceBeer
i have the same in tr blue
cascade link is really better for coil?
alexvos wrote:
Beecee336 wrote:
alexvos wrote:

It’s the 2020 alloy

niceBeer
i have the same in tr blue
cascade link is really better for coil?

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
zulki-fly wrote:
From coil to air, from sram to shimano. Interesting choices mate. Do you like a less travel bike mate? Which one you like more?

The coil is coming, but #2021 Wink Shimano just because something different than the SRAM/Hope combo I've been running for 7 years. So far so good.
It's the same travel on the Sentinel I had and the Scout I have now, and its perfect for everything from trailriding to bikepark laps.

I liked the confidence the bigger wheel gave when going high speed through techy stuff , but the playfulness and the way you can just maneuver the Scout is insane.

Their both insanely good in different areas

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
larscha-nsfr wrote:
zulki-fly wrote:

The coil is coming, but #2021 Wink Shimano just because something different than the SRAM/Hope combo I've been running for 7 years. So far so good.
It's the same travel on the Sentinel I had and the Scout I have now, and its perfect for everything from trailriding to bikepark laps.

I liked the confidence the bigger wheel gave when going high speed through techy stuff , but the playfulness and the way you can just maneuver the Scout is insane.

Their both insanely good in different areas

Yup, good point right there mate. That's the same reason i keep my short travel 26 trail bike as a playbike and 29er as goin fast bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.056651
Mobile Version of Website