Transition Bikes; Post them

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Bikes; Post them
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
My Sentinel GX build, upgraded a few parts.

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
My 2021 Transition PBJ
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
New Deity Frisco Seat

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
In need of replacement chain stay/rear triangle for my LARGE 2017 TRANSITION PATROL!!!

Hey everyone, I realize this may be a long shot but I figured it's worth asking anyway. Earlier this year, I bought a 2017 Transition Patrol to get into trail riding. I got two months on it before noticing a crack in the chain stay side of the rear triangle a few days back. I talked to transition about getting it replaced, but unfortunately they don't have any chain stays for that generation of Patrol. This brings me to here, I am calling on all transition patrol owners (2014-2017) who may have an old busted frame sitting around with a chain stay that's in tact or even if there is someone with an old transition patrol frame (anything between 2014 and 2017 will work as they all have the same geometry) I'm happy to pay for the part and the shipping, I just don't want to have to say goodbye to my season and a bike I just purchased. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 14:51 Quote
steezystu98 wrote:
In need of replacement chain stay/rear triangle for my LARGE 2017 TRANSITION PATROL!!!

Hey everyone, I realize this may be a long shot but I figured it's worth asking anyway. Earlier this year, I bought a 2017 Transition Patrol to get into trail riding. I got two months on it before noticing a crack in the chain stay side of the rear triangle a few days back. I talked to transition about getting it replaced, but unfortunately they don't have any chain stays for that generation of Patrol. This brings me to here, I am calling on all transition patrol owners (2014-2017) who may have an old busted frame sitting around with a chain stay that's in tact or even if there is someone with an old transition patrol frame (anything between 2014 and 2017 will work as they all have the same geometry) I'm happy to pay for the part and the shipping, I just don't want to have to say goodbye to my season and a bike I just purchased. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance Smile

I don't have a rear triangle to sell but try joining Transition Owners Social Support on Facebook, somebody might have it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
gabdumlao wrote:
steezystu98 wrote:

Thanks in advance Smile

I don't have a rear triangle to sell but try joining Transition Owners Social Support on Facebook, somebody might have it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1749780815302018

Thank you! I'll try that!

Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 15:44 Quote
Here's my 2021 Transition PBJ Dirt Jumper!
Some highlights:
-Deity Frisco Saddle
-Sensus EM-J Grips
-Kona Pedals
-Shimano 2 Piston Brake
-Lower Rise Bontrager Bar (For the Slopestyle feel)
-Rockshox Pike DJ Fork (Love this soooo much!)

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 4:15 Quote
I always thought the Sentinel would be better with a coil…matched with the 38 on the front, it has a lot more traction and you can keep much more tighter lines. You do feel the extra weight on the climbs and jumping slightly, but totally worth it overall!

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
So my journey with Transition began with the 2011 TR250 which I built up in 2012. Love it and I still have it today.

Behind it is a Kona Honzo which I bought and sold this year. Turns out I started missing rear suspension pretty quickly.

photo

I have now replaced the Kona with a 2017 Smuggler, which I absolutely love!! Only two rides in so far, but it feels just like a short-travelled, big-wheeled version of my TR250, meaning fun, poppy, lively, capable. Have already a 140mm Fox 34 Performance waiting to be switched with the current 34 130mm Rhythm, and have a shorter Sixpack stem, new saddle and SixC bars being mailed to me. Lets see what I choose to order next…

Oh, and I have a G2 RSC ready for the rear as well. Too bad for the in-tube wiring, as I don’t have a bleed kit (WHY?!?).

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 17:06 Quote
Here is my Smuggler. Which also happens to be for sale
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3368676/

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
Nice spur, what are the build highlights? Weight?

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Nice spur, what are the build highlights? Weight?
Spur X01 Large w/ component changes listed below:Weight is 27.5lbs....It is listed for Sale.
19' Fox Factory 36 Grip2 140mm
22' Fox Factory Float X
Sram X01 170mm Cranks
Nobl TR32 wheelset DT 240EXP Hubs w/ Sapim CX Ray Spokes 1450g
Maxxis DHF/DHR2 29x2.3" tires (similar weight to Stock setup buy more grip)
Raceface Next R 35 w/ 35mm Rise Bars/ Turbine R 35 50mm stem
Pro Stealth offroad 142 saddle.
Cushcore Pro Rear

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
Cool build. Weight seems a little optmistic, though.

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
photo

Just built up my scout, build goes hard

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Cool build. Weight seems a little optmistic, though.
Not Really, Every part changed was lighter except Suspension an Cushcore.so a 2lb gain is reasonable. That's w/o pedals, Strap, & Water bottle of course.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032822
Mobile Version of Website