CUSTOM SLOPESTYLE BIKE! (Built Step By Step!)

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
CUSTOM SLOPESTYLE BIKE! (Built Step By Step!)
Author Message
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
sick! seems like that bike was almost made for slopestyle! but why didn't you get a bike like a Commencal Absolut SX or BlkMrkt Killswitch if you wanted a BB pivot?

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 15:00 Quote
JBR132 wrote:
sick! seems like that bike was almost made for slopestyle! but why didn't you get a bike like a Commencal Absolut SX or BlkMrkt Killswitch if you wanted a BB pivot?

Because $300 is less than $1300 Smile

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
waterfall99 wrote:
JBR132 wrote:
sick! seems like that bike was almost made for slopestyle! but why didn't you get a bike like a Commencal Absolut SX or BlkMrkt Killswitch if you wanted a BB pivot?

Because $300 is less than $1300 Smile
good point Big Grin

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 19:19 Quote
waterfall99 wrote:
Chippy1996 wrote:
if you made a new linkage you could add a bit to shock side , retain original geo and the shorter travel ? i don't mean shorter or longer i mean directly dawn from the original shock mount

Yeah thatd be cool forsure.

So did all the older G-Spots have a 7.875x2.25 shock?

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 23:16 Quote
wasea04 wrote:
waterfall99 wrote:
Chippy1996 wrote:
if you made a new linkage you could add a bit to shock side , retain original geo and the shorter travel ? i don't mean shorter or longer i mean directly dawn from the original shock mount

Yeah thatd be cool forsure.

So did all the older G-Spots have a 7.875x2.25 shock?

Yeah I think so

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
You're project is inspiring me to do some a-choppin' Smile Nice work man!

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 18:19 Quote
wasea04 wrote:
You're project is inspiring me to do some a-choppin' Smile Nice work man!

Cool dude thats great to hear!

Custom bikes are more fun to ride too!

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 16:17 Quote
SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC:

But if you guys wanna try a simple mod to your horizontal dropouts on a hardtail its super easy to drill a 10mm hole like I did on the Cove and then just hacksaw up to it. You can shorten your rear end by over 2 inches!

I got this old 125 frame down to 14.7" long chainstay and it now rides amazing. Looks like it was made for 24s.
Custom Slammed Chainstay to 14.7 New Favorite Tire TIOGA POWER BLOCK

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 0:14 Quote
Hey, here is the video Andrij Chubaty put together of the build. it turned out great!

Views: 1,096    Faves: 13    Comments: 9

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 1:29 Quote
[Quote="waterfall99"]

You, sir, are quite badass!

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 12:19 Quote
what kind of paint did you use? and where did you get it?

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 15:06 Quote
mbalcita wrote:
what kind of paint did you use? and where did you get it?

Duplicolor from Canadian Tire

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 15:25 Quote
waterfall99 wrote:
mbalcita wrote:
what kind of paint did you use? and where did you get it?

Duplicolor from Canadian Tire
okay thanks i might paint my frame and your paint looks really nice

Posted: Jan 7, 2012 at 15:31 Quote
mbalcita wrote:
waterfall99 wrote:
mbalcita wrote:
what kind of paint did you use? and where did you get it?

Duplicolor from Canadian Tire
okay thanks i might paint my frame and your paint looks really nice

Thanks. It takes alot of patience and experience to do a good job. Just go slow and do really light coats. even if it takes 5-6 coats just to fully cover the frame! The lighter coats you do, the better the outcome

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 17:21 Quote
waterfall99 wrote:
mbalcita wrote:
waterfall99 wrote:


Duplicolor from Canadian Tire
okay thanks i might paint my frame and your paint looks really nice

Thanks. It takes alot of patience and experience to do a good job. Just go slow and do really light coats. even if it takes 5-6 coats just to fully cover the frame! The lighter coats you do, the better the outcome
okay thanks!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020539
Mobile Version of Website