Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 14:04 Quote
https://youtu.be/IqXjkO-WxYA
This is me riding a trail i built near my house, just get out and experiment, more videos to come!

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 0:10 Quote
nice trail you should make some more stuff though

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 at 6:30 Quote
I hate it when you build a new gap jump and people who can't ride the jump ride over the lip and landing and tear it up...

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 18:28 Quote
Been building in a field for a while, then some douche bag house builder wants to doze it, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Save my jumps lol.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 22:32 Quote
I-want-your-bike wrote:
Been building in a field for a while, then some douche bag house builder wants to doze it, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Save my jumps lol.
Sadly it's the reality of what we do. Good luck and enjoy them while you can!

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 19:24 Quote
Views: 297    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Some dirt hacking in the forest behind my house. this is just the initial shaping of the trail, once the snow melts ill fine tune everything. What do you guys think? suggestions would be cool.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
You have some fine dirt to be digging there, and all behind your house, lucky guy!

If I had a hill right behind my house I'm not sure I would go to work.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 5:39 Quote
Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent rails around catterick sort of area, I’m new to the area and struggling to find any good trails. I’m obviously more than happy to help dig and maintain the trails

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
how do you predict a landing ? or what's the best way at least

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
Based upon many things, if you haven't built before try basing it from jumps you have rode previously that have similar shaped take off and speed into jump.

To explain the finer details would take along time and you will soon pick them up just from building, testing and rebuilding/tweeking if needed.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
AnthonyMtz1673 wrote:
how do you predict a landing ? or what's the best way at least

Look at speed in, and angle of takeoff??? Then look from different angles and scratch your head until you guesstimate where you wanna land then build a landing pile and try it a couple times before you groom it. You may have to push it forward or back so no point in completely finishing it until youve tested it

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 19:15 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo

A little more progress on the backyard trail, still needs a lot of packing Dead Horse

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
The Bike Park I'm currently grooming????

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgca2X7n6Ru/

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
@vi-collective I would increase the amount of dirt on the second berm at the beginning. I would also lets the second jump to either have a longer vertical lip OR increase the height and then make the transition smoother.

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 23:57 Quote
Just moved to vic living near mount doug, anyone know of anything in that area? have my shovel but dont wanna start fresh if there's already somethin nearby...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034769
Mobile Version of Website