Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
Looking to designate some trails for riding but was curious as to what is a good length and elevation change to keep within. Looking to attract more kids or young adults. don't want to burn them out... I am located in Central Nevada. Lots of trails in place to chose from. Lots of good surface, some rocky areas and no trees. Unless you count sagebrushSmile

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
How do I get my town on board with newer ideas (building new bike and hiking trails) My town is small, very old fashioned, and unwilling to change. Ive made a website to present. Not sure what else to add.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
One thing I hate is when you make a step up with an intentional gap and then the neighborhood kids destroy the lip on the jump just to make it into a table top. Like really after spending more than twenty hours and the kids spending about five minutes, actually use a shovel to make the distance between the lip of the jump and the landing dirt. Now the jump is destroyed.Madder

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
TheGnome wrote:
One thing I hate is when you make a step up with an intentional gap and then the neighborhood kids destroy the lip on the jump just to make it into a table top. Like really after spending more than twenty hours and the kids spending about five minutes, actually use a shovel to make the distance between the lip of the jump and the landing dirt. Now the jump is destroyed.Madder
I feel your pain bud...do a higher landing and a gap with a deep hole

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 7:52 Quote
I'd say you need to build further in to the woods if kids are finding the jumps and f*cking them

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
Fortunately there is a city sponsored bike park being built there now with some 14 footers.Big Grin

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
Hi guys, im in the middle of typing up a trail proposal and hav a few questions.

I need to find some maps to label the additional trails. What type of maps is the best to use?

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
black and white for the old trails and colored for the new or proposed trails. Salute

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
When you're out working on the trail and people ride by, is it appropriate to hold out your hat and say, "lunch money?" Asking for a friend...

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 6:37 Quote
no, unless you know them.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
I just got approval to build and construct a ~1 mile multi use trail. How closely do you all measure and assess the gradients?

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
go buy a protractor and a thing with water and a bubble in the middle. Use those to see the angle of the slope. Or if you know calculus... lol. You need to know what type of soil it is you are using. The more clay usually the better.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
I hate it when people ruin the jumps or try to roll over my doubles. They just don't get the time I put into them.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
I know, I build a jump that wasn't a table top and some loser destroyed the lip and made it into a table top. Its disgusting. After hours and hours and in less than ten minute they can destroy it all. Amazing.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018552
Mobile Version of Website