Post Your Freeride/Downhill/Slopestyle Bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post Your Freeride/Downhill/Slopestyle Bike
Previous Page |
Posted: Dec 23, 2011 at 23:14 Quote

Frame: 2004 Cannondale Gemini 900, Digicam Blue custom
Fork: 2004 Manitou Sherman 170mm
Shock: 2004? Fox Vanilla
Drivetrain: Sram X7 2x10 shifters, SLX cassette, derailleurs and sram chain, Truvitav Husselfelt crank
Brakes: 8in rotors 2004 hayes hydraulic brakes
Wheels: Shimano XT Disc Wheelset w/ Mavic double wall 32 mm wide EX729 Disc Blue Rims with 20mm axle
Tires .... are maxxis and bontager mix left over from previous bikes

Best part ... total build from scratch, about $900 all new parts but frame fork, shock and brakes

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 0:15 Quote
Facepalm

Thread fail. There is already a Post-your-DH(fr)-bike and a Post-your-slopestyle-bike thread.

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 11:15 Quote
Yea ... there's a few of em actually. Anything wrong with starting a fresh one? Or is it ... Dead Horse

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 15:27 Quote
Yes, and whats with that "you're" in the title? that's incorrect language.

Posted: Dec 24, 2011 at 21:23 Quote
Everyone is a critic ... in any case, the title is fixed, I think I auto corrected it to the incorrect one, it happens. So much for "Merry Christmas" and "good will towards men" this season

Posted: Dec 25, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
Naw I never implying that the grammar mistake was your fault.

Really outdated and crappy pic, but here she is:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.silviafilms.ca/czech1.jpg
X-fusion H3 Lt rear shock
Old Boxxer
Margura Gustavs
Shimano Hone drivetrain

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 16:51 Quote
Yea man, so what's going on with your Gemini? you're aiming for a freeride/all-mountain build I take it?

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 18:13 Quote
Yea, aiming for a freeride or moderate downhill bike. I have a Trek Fuel EX 8 you can see in the background, and its a great all mountain bike but I wanted to get into heavier riding and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. Found the Gemini on here, 2004 frame, fork, brakes and some assorted parts for cheap ... really cheap, and figured it be a great platform to start off with. Right timing to hit a bunch of online black Friday deals for parts. Frame was in good shape, brought it down to bare metal to check the integrity and painted it up in a digital blue camo.

I have a ski slope down the road from me, nothing great in terms of skiing but perfect for biking once the snow melts. No lifts in the summer though, thus the 2x10. I like it

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 18:16 Quote

Just got my 2012 Demo 8 / Large!

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 18:22 Quote
BobbyHannant wrote:

Drool ... that is one good looking bike. I see you've brought it to Blue Hills too?

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 18:24 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
BobbyHannant wrote:

Drool ... that is one good looking bike. I see you've brought it to Blue Hills too?

Just got back dude. Had an awesome day today. Alot of hikers to avoid however.

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
I was out there X-Mas Eve morning, probably why I didn't run into too many. How do you like riding that bike up to the observation town? I bet its a workout

Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 20:43 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
I was out there X-Mas Eve morning, probably why I didn't run into too many. How do you like riding that bike up to the observation town? I bet its a workout
Hiked it up there the whole way. There's not a chance of pedaling up.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015277
Mobile Version of Website