Post Your Freeride/Downhill/Slopestyle Bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post Your Freeride/Downhill/Slopestyle Bike
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 at 22:10 Quote
BobbyHannant wrote:
Mtnrider001 wrote:
I was out there X-Mas Eve morning, probably why I didn't run into too many. How do you like riding that bike up to the observation town? I bet its a workout
Hiked it up there the whole way. There's not a chance of pedaling up.

Great, I'm not the only one! Having a double chain ring in the front makes climbing easier, but that is one heck of a long steep climb. Now do you take the path down the steps or have you taken the path to the right of that (skyline/blue)? I haven't the balls nor the skill to navigate the one on the right with out walking most parts but the coon hollow path down the steps (red trail) is great

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 20:09 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
BobbyHannant wrote:
Mtnrider001 wrote:
I was out there X-Mas Eve morning, probably why I didn't run into too many. How do you like riding that bike up to the observation town? I bet its a workout

Great, I'm not the only one! Having a double chain ring in the front makes climbing easier, but that is one heck of a long steep climb. Now do you take the path down the steps or have you taken the path to the right of that (skyline/blue)? I haven't the balls nor the skill to navigate the one on the right with out walking most parts but the coon hollow path down the steps (red trail) is great

I've only biked it once. The only trail I went down was the steps and there was thousands of hikers I almost ran over. I'm probably going to go back next week or so. I'll keep an eye out for that skyline/blue trail you spoke of though. I'll send you a message if I'm going or not. It'd be cool to meet some of the riders around the area.

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 20:47 Quote
BobbyHannant wrote:
Mtnrider001 wrote:
BobbyHannant wrote:

I've only biked it once. The only trail I went down was the steps and there was thousands of hikers I almost ran over. I'm probably going to go back next week or so. I'll keep an eye out for that skyline/blue trail you spoke of though. I'll send you a message if I'm going or not. It'd be cool to meet some of the riders around the area.

I'm either at Blue Hills or Wompatuck every weekend if the weather and life permits, normally with my buddy who rides a Jamis Dakar, lil beefier than my gemini. I just switched over from more of an XC style riding so I tend to be slower once it gets technical but the stairs trail is great ... given there are no hikers causing you to slam the brakes. Skyline trail gets hairy quick, most people are weary about hiking some sections never mind biking down them. Thinking about it ... I have a video somewhere, its not great but it would give u an idea of what you would be riding down

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 21:02 Quote
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150171787423492

Its a quick edit I posted of a ride from April. From 1:50 to 2:30 on the video is the section of the skyline trail I was talking about. I was on a trek fuel so there was no way I was doing much more than hiking. I've seen a few riders in full gear hit the trail and claim they've pulled it off, I'm not at that level

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 22:08 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150171787423492

Its a quick edit I posted of a ride from April. From 1:50 to 2:30 on the video is the section of the skyline trail I was talking about. I was on a trek fuel so there was no way I was doing much more than hiking. I've seen a few riders in full gear hit the trail and claim they've pulled it off, I'm not at that level

This is really cool. That blue trail looks pretty intimidating though haha. I'll have to give it a shot.

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 22:11 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
BobbyHannant wrote:
Mtnrider001 wrote:

I'm either at Blue Hills or Wompatuck every weekend if the weather and life permits, normally with my buddy who rides a Jamis Dakar, lil beefier than my gemini. I just switched over from more of an XC style riding so I tend to be slower once it gets technical but the stairs trail is great ... given there are no hikers causing you to slam the brakes. Skyline trail gets hairy quick, most people are weary about hiking some sections never mind biking down them. Thinking about it ... I have a video somewhere, its not great but it would give u an idea of what you would be riding down

Yeah man same with me! I'm surprised I havn't seen you around. I just went started to going to blue hills last week. I love Wompy. I go to pine hills too. It's some decent riding in Plymouth. Real close to me. My buddy and I ride usually Sunday and Monday.

Posted: Dec 29, 2011 at 11:48 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

Yeah man same with me! I'm surprised I havn't seen you around. I just went started to going to blue hills last week. I love Wompy. I go to pine hills too. It's some decent riding in Plymouth. Real close to me. My buddy and I ride usually Sunday and Monday.

I've only been back in state the past 2 years, and since Blue Hills is closer than Womp to me I normally head there if I'm riding by myself. Wompatuck definitely has a lot of good areas and more MTB specific trails, less hikers too. Blue Hills is a lot of rocky walking trails and you do tend to come up on hikers quick without seeing them. But if you ride Sundays, My buddy and I normally ride Wompatuck on Sundays, now that its winter we wait till just before noon, warms up a bit.

Posted: Dec 29, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
Yeah I normally ride Sundays except I'm working a different schedule temporarily. I'll have Sundays back hopefully mid January.

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:01 Quote
Can't argue with a platform that is old but reliable. You have it since it was new, or buy it used?

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 13:02 Quote
I can dig the Turner.

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
Can't argue with a platform that is old but reliable. You have it since it was new, or buy it used?
i bought it used and rebuilt it, it is my first dh bike

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 15:34 Quote
bikejunkie88 wrote:
Mtnrider001 wrote:
i bought it used and rebuilt it, it is my first dh bike

Best way to do it in my opinion, I'm doing the same with my old Gemini frame. Turner looks good.

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 14:21 Quote
Nomad.....

Santa Cruz Nomad - Built from scratch.

Active Forum Threads
6 mins ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
16 mins ago - Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
32 mins ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
40 mins ago - Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
40 mins ago - Bike protection on hitch mounted rack
51 mins ago - Renthal Fatbar Lite V2 black handlebars M186-01-BK - red logo - removing
1 hours ago - Shimano xt - any downsides to metallic pads (vs resin)?
1 hours ago - Converting Specialized Stmpjmpr (‘16) to 1x11: What Cranks? Hub change?
1 hours ago - Patrol internal cable port cover screws
1 hours ago - Crank witdh DH vs AM/Enduro
2 hours ago - Post your Propain!
3 hours ago - The morzine-les gets thread
3 hours ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
3 hours ago - REpOrT::gENUINE LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER IN SANDTON +27761923297 POLOKWANE/MAURITIUS/KENYA/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY
3 hours ago - 100% eFFECTIVE lOST lOVE sPELLS +27761923297 IN GRENADA//PAPUA NEW GUINEA/USA/MALTA/BELGIUM/LOS ANGELS/POLAND/ARGENTINA
4 hours ago - POWERFUL lOST lOVE SpELLS IN SERBIA +27761923297KOSOVO=TEXAS=GEORGIA=ALABAMA=NEW JERSEY=ILLNOIS
4 hours ago - HoW To bRING bACK LOST LOVE +27761923297 IN KEMPTON PARK//PRETORIA//CAPE TOWN//TEMBISA//MIDRAND/RANDBURG/DURBAN
4 hours ago - SpElLs:+27761923297 POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS IN CANADA//NAMIBIA/KENYA/USA/MICHIGAN/JAMAICA/GREECE/ATHENS
4 hours ago - TaG:0027(761923297)LOST LOVE SPELLS IN UK/LONDON/FINLAND/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/FLORIDA
4 hours ago - Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
5 hours ago - Rescan all my rides
5 hours ago - Bulk editing my ride logs
5 hours ago - Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
6 hours ago - YT Capra Owners
6 hours ago - 2019 Stumpjumper Evo

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006727
Mobile Version of Website