Suspension Tech Thread

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension Tech Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jul 21, 2012 at 13:40 Quote
**Very different design** haha

you gotta think that it just eats up square-edge bumps with the main pivot being that high though

Posted: Jul 21, 2012 at 19:27 Quote
True, but a high pivot design can be done much better. Best example I can think of off hand is the Brooklyn Race-link...

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
i think it has potential, provided they can lower the shock placement a little, there's acres of room in front of the rear wheel before the frame.

Gotta say i think it looks really cool, reminds me of the olf be one team dh bikes

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/shyrmp/Road%20Trips/00nstr1.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic1.mtb-news.de/img/photos/9/7/4/8/4/_/large/B1-ShiverDC.JPG

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 at 15:15 Quote
hey guys, im sure im not the first to ask this but can someone explain leverage ratios to me? i have a good knowledge of bikes but ive never found someone to explain this to me

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 at 15:20 Quote
very siimple.

an average bike has a leverage ration of 3:1 which means that for ever 3 inches of rear wheel travel, 1 inch of stroke is used on the shock. The lower the ratio, the more difference the shocks damping is going to make to the feel of the travel.

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 at 15:27 Quote
then this is obviously not a constant ratio through the travel. If the leverage ration decreases (say it starts at 3:1 and finishes at 2:1 when the bike is at full travel) then the suspension is going to get harder to compress deeper into the travel, giving a progressive feel. If the leverage ratio increases, then its going to be easier to compress further into the travel giving the opposite feel

Posted: Jan 16, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
yup. Which is what the mean when the say linear, falling or rising rate. If the ratio gets higher, its a rising rate, falling if it gets lower, and linear if it maintains relatively the same.

Posted: Jan 17, 2013 at 4:25 Quote
then there's variable rate suspension systems, that are mostly falling rate, but with a more constant leverage ratio in the mid stroke, this is arguably the best performer.

Posted: Jan 17, 2013 at 10:33 Quote
ok that helps allot thanks tup

but i have one more question, whats squat?

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 14:36 Quote
anyone in here know if a lyrik 2 step air can be lowered? im gonna be getting a solo air spring asap, but till then im stuck with the 2 step.

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 15:33 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
anyone in here know if a lyrik 2 step air can be lowered? im gonna be getting a solo air spring asap, but till then im stuck with the 2 step.
its possible, i did it on my revelation 2 step

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 0:27 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
anyone in here know if a lyrik 2 step air can be lowered? im gonna be getting a solo air spring asap, but till then im stuck with the 2 step.
its possible, i did it on my revelation 2 step

is it the same deal as solo air? as in stick a spacer in in the right place?

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 3:48 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
anyone in here know if a lyrik 2 step air can be lowered? im gonna be getting a solo air spring asap, but till then im stuck with the 2 step.
its possible, i did it on my revelation 2 step

is it the same deal as solo air? as in stick a spacer in in the right place?
yup, just pop em on. how much are you trying to lower it?

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 9:58 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
its possible, i did it on my revelation 2 step

is it the same deal as solo air? as in stick a spacer in in the right place?
yup, just pop em on. how much are you trying to lower it?

only to 140mm, about to order a OO 456 frame, its to put them on there

Posted: Mar 12, 2013 at 3:13 Quote
http://www.mountainracingproducts.com/shop/#!/~/product/category=675538&id=14702855 the most pointless dual crown fork ever? I just dont see the theory behind manufacturing a 100mm travel dual crown fork Very confused


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014020
Mobile Version of Website