How can i convince my mom that pinkbike is an okay site to buy bikes from!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
How can i convince my mom that pinkbike is an okay site to buy bikes from!!
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
So i live in nanaimo is it smart to deal with a guy in coquitluem or what ever its called this is my first buy on pinkbike so yeah i really dont know what i should do

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:55 Quote
...punch her in the teeth

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:56 Quote
Haha there goes my hope of ever getting a bike off here

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:57 Quote
alineguinness wrote:
aj-podman wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:
So.... All school reunions aside.

If you meet someone make sure it's a well trafficed public place where you won't get hassled by the seller. This ensures your safety. A friend of mine made that mistake. He met at a subway station in Toronto and got jumped by 5 guys. He was out $300.

Someone thinks the way I do... I mean about getting jumped.
ive been jumped for a $1.75 buy some gangstas near my house
unbelevibale eh $1.75

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
KoNa54321 wrote:
So i live in nanaimo is it smart to deal with a guy in coquitluem or what ever its called this is my first buy on pinkbike so yeah i really dont know what i should do

I wouldn't call it "smart", but I don't think you would get scammed just because most people on pinkbike seem to be nice guys, but there is always a risk with dealing on the net. It would be a lot better meeting him if you could, its pretty far to meet someone though, you should look around more local if you really don't want to take the risk.

Chom,

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
chomers wrote:
KoNa54321 wrote:

I wouldn't call it "smart", but I don't think you would get scammed just because most people on pinkbike seem to be nice guys, but there is always a risk with dealing on the net. It would be a lot better meeting him if you could, its pretty fat to meet someone though, you should look around more local if you really don't want to take the risk.

Chom,

be carefull....if it seems sketchy....dont do it.....use your wits

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
which bike are u looking to get?

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
well the guy told me i could pay buy interact or by direct deposit so i said if he ships first ill send the money doubt he will do it but if he does hes not a scammer

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:03 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
chomers wrote:
KoNa54321 wrote:

I wouldn't call it "smart", but I don't think you would get scammed just because most people on pinkbike seem to be nice guys, but there is always a risk with dealing on the net. It would be a lot better meeting him if you could, its pretty fat to meet someone though, you should look around more local if you really don't want to take the risk.

Chom,

be carefull....if it seems sketchy....dont do it.....use your wits

Thats true, usually the scams sound like scams and are easy too detect, but there might be some smart ones out there, or just maybe some dumb buyers...

Chom,

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:03 Quote
Jesus i figured this would be a little forum but know i got like 5 pages to show my mom well lets say 3 because it went on for about a page on reunions Lol

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:04 Quote
Well me i could be called a dumb buyer seeing this is my first time so i dont know where i should go im starting to look new or local though

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:04 Quote
also dont let the seller make all the decisions....after all your the one paying cash money for it

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:05 Quote
Yeah i guess you have to keep a good part of control

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:06 Quote
KoNa54321 wrote:
Well me i could be called a dumb buyer seeing this is my first time so i dont know where i should go im starting to look new or local though

What kind of bike is it? and how much are you paying? If your feeling a bit skectchy about it, than I wouldn't do it. You can probably find a bike similiar to what your wanting on the Island.

Chom,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010049
Mobile Version of Website