Refining the search...DH bike decisions, decisions: Help Me, Round 2

PB Forum :: Downhill
Refining the search...DH bike decisions, decisions: Help Me, Round 2
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 16:53 Quote
Hey everybody! I posted an inquiry regarding my ongoing quest for a DH rig several weeks ago in this forum, and you guys were incredibly helpful in steering me towards some of my candidates at the time, away from others, and several of you suggested some candidates of your own. All of these responses were incredibly helpful, so thank you again to everybody who responded to my post the first time around.

Having whittled down the field since then, I thought it might be time to once to pick some brains more informed than mine. Here's my quandary. I'm looking to start racing DH, but need a bike not only for race purposes, but one sturdy enough to handle some big hit/big mountain freeride shenanigans as well. As of now, my choices would be among the Cove Shocker, Knolly Podium, and Transition TR450. I have never ridden any of these, so any first-hand experiences you guys have with any of these bikes, or even with the companies who make them, would be hugely helpful.

Thanks again to everybody, and I'll look forward to reading your responses!

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
I would go with the shocker, extremely well built excellent suspension, and rides like an absolute dream

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 21:42 Quote
Thanks for the input...the Shocker's especially appealing to me, given that it's still handmade in Canada, whereas the Podium no longer is.

Still, I need all the info. and insight any of you guys can give me, as I am not only new to DH, but particularly because living on the east coast of the U.S., my access to Cove and Knolly bikes are extremely limited. Anything you guys can tell me about how these bikes ride---especially in terms of the type of ride each offers (which is more of a "plow," which is the better jumper, how each handles in the air)---would be hugely appreciated. Also, any experience you have with the customer support of each company (Transition, Cove, Knolly) would be a great help to me in making my decision.

Please help me out here! I need all of your expertise!

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 19:24 Quote
saw this earlier if your looking for frame only...
http://www.jensonusa.com/Mountain-Bike-frames/Cove-Shocker-DH-Frame

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 19:45 Quote
Thanks, man...

I did see that sale at Jenson, but unfortunately, they're only selling the old (pre-2011) version of the frame. I'd be looking for the newer iteration. Thank you for the heads up, though.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 8:32 Quote
I ride a shocker an it is by far the best bike I have ridden, I've tried riding other bikes I.e driver 8 demo 8 an the only bike that I have ridden that comes close to the shocker is the Canfield Jedi, other than that you really can't go wrong with the cove, bike never disappoints and it is on the costly side but IMO its worth every penny

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009437
Mobile Version of Website