Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:03 Quote
Not sure if it's still the case but ENVE used to send out gorilla tape with their wheels. Said they couldn't find anything better.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Not sure if it's still the case but ENVE used to send out gorilla tape with their wheels. Said they couldn't find anything better.

I believe they still do. They cut the roll to exact width. That's the only hard part, getting the right width but I find gorilla tape works best. I have tubeless ready wheels on my trail bike but the factory tape was garbage. Leaking in several spots. Swapped it with gorilla tape.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 14:44 Quote
Do you guys have a loud rear end ? Example in a rock garden. Like a rear shock coil with not enough preload. My friend say that a vertical mount rear shock is louder.

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 1:58 Quote
lVlaxXx wrote:
Do you guys have a loud rear end ? Example in a rock garden. Like a rear shock coil with not enough preload. My friend say that a vertical mount rear shock is louder.

No issues for me with that

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 8:32 Quote
Hi there!
I'm going to buy a 2014 Gambler frame. Can someone tell me is it a big issue a high pedal kick and anti squat? Is there any bad feeling? Also i read some test that the bike is not easy to pop, when you jump.
Can someone tell me what i can expect from this frame?
Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 9:35 Quote
editor wrote:
Hi there!
I'm going to buy a 2014 Gambler frame. Can someone tell me is it a big issue a high pedal kick and anti squat? Is there any bad feeling? Also i read some test that the bike is not easy to pop, when you jump.
Can someone tell me what i can expect from this frame?
Thanks in advance!

The bike has great handling and jumping.
Watch Nico Vink ride, definitely the bike is a jumper

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
I find my 2015 to be very easy to jump. Especially when setup with short chaindtayd and high BB. I run my suspension very plush as I have a bad back and wrists and can still pop.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 15:54 Quote
lVlaxXx wrote:

Shock orientation has no effect on it being loud. Properly setup, no bike should be rattling/loud in the rear end. That means either the coil is not snug to spec (each shock requires minimum amount of preload/turns on the coil), or something with the shock mounting hardware or frame pivot hardware is not to spec.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 15:49 Quote
Hi. When you change from long to short base setting do u have to shorten the chain or just adjust screw on the rear mech ?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 16:45 Quote
Yes, you will have to shorten the chain.

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Guys, one last question.
What is main noticeable difference between Gambler 2014 and Gambler 2015. I know about the waight..
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 23:54 Quote
editor wrote:
Guys, one last question.
What is main noticeable difference between Gambler 2014 and Gambler 2015. I know about the waight..
Thanks!

Tweaked geometry, longer top tube and 2015 can run 27.5 wheels

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
Anyone dent the top top tube where the fork comes into contact with the frame? Both sides of mine are slightly dented. I haven't even crashed this bike. How the hell does that happen.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 3:03 Quote
Gave my Gamblah a bit of loving.

New rear wheel, new Burgtec handlebars + spacer, brake bleed, all ready for a trip to Morzine in 2 weeks.

photo

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 6:22 Quote
So i'm searching for 2015 frame only or frame + shock. If someone has an offer hit me up.
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014950
Mobile Version of Website