Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 6:20 Quote
Joecliffe93 wrote:
Being looking at purchasing a gambler, what are peoples opinions on them??

Love it. Little bit more into details.
A gambler is a perfect racing platform.
- They are plowing over trails like it's no biggy.
- They are very grounded.
- They are very fast in descends.

If you compare a Gambler for example with a Specialized Demo 8, the Demo is the more playful bike out of the 2.
The Gambler is still very capable of doing jumps, only the Demo pops better then the Gambler. Then again the Gambler feels more grounded, gives you more confidence when going down more extreme descends compared to the Demo.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 2:42 Quote
Joecliffe93 wrote:

I love mine, it's super fun to ride and I find it to be a playful bike. Very good over technical stuff and in corners since the suspension design offer alot of traction, but it's still an easy bike to jump! Haven't really owned a real DH bike before I got used to the bike pretty quickly, the bike feels so good that you gain conference really quickly, I was sending 3 meter drops and big tables on my third time out on the bike!
You can also choose between multiple settings like high/low bottom bracket and short/long wheelbase!
Only con I can name is the low bb, even in the high setting i had times where my pedals scraped the ground, keep in mind that i still run 26inch wheels and I'd you are getting a newer version 27.5 can be better. Hope I helped Smile

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 5:07 Quote
Joecliffe93 wrote:

Have a 2014 gambler and will not sell it.
Im a mediocre dh rider and it rides beautifully. More bike than my skills can take on.
Gave me more confidence in the steep stuff.
Tech riding it does okay. I have the large, and its very long/slack.
Speed/jumps it absolutely loves.
A genuine 'bottomless' feel to the rear shock.
Loves huck to flat.
If I were to buy another dh bike it'd be a Gambler

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 23:59 Quote
Hi guys,

Just hopped on 650B on my Gambler 2015.
Can someone tell me what is the best position of the chainstays? I think to try it on short chainstays and high position, because its easier to pop, this is my main idea.

Thanks,
Pavel

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 2:15 Quote
editor wrote:
Hi guys,

Just hopped on 650B on my Gambler 2015.
Can someone tell me what is the best position of the chainstays? I think to try it on short chainstays and high position, because its easier to pop, this is my main idea.

Thanks,
Pavel

Depends what trails you ride.

More flowly / speedy trails = long chainstay.
More technical and less flowly = short chainstay.

BB height I suggest on high. Because with 650b tires on it, the bike becomes more slack, so your BB height get lowered.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 7:58 Quote
Flow / Jumps = short chainstay
Speed / Tech = long chainstay

I always ran mine in High BB / Short CS setting... Felt it had better pop off jumps.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 8:45 Quote
Thanks buds! Is it possible for the rear tyre to hit the saddle if the bike is fully compressed on the short chainstays with 27,5? It looks like the clearance is too small

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 2:17 Quote
editor wrote:
Thanks buds! Is it possible for the rear tyre to hit the saddle if the bike is fully compressed on the short chainstays with 27,5? It looks like the clearance is too small

Cannot give answers on that, still riding on 26" wheels.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 6:45 Quote
editor wrote:

With the 27.5 wheels mounted (with tires inflated), remove the shock and cycle the bike thru its travel to see if the saddle bottoms out in the rear tire. If it does, raise the seat post to clear or adjust the angle or move saddle forward in the rails, which ever you prefer. Mount the shock and go shred

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 3:34 Quote
My Gambler 10 (2013) got rusty pivot bearings, anyone know what bearings that are?

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 at 3:41 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
My Gambler 10 (2013) got rusty pivot bearings, anyone know what bearings that are?

Some from ebay. Must choose witch type. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scott-Frame-Pivot-Bearings-Kit-Full-Suspension-MTB-Ransom-Genius-Spark/151320344283?hash=item233b6536db:m:mcjoQcUbDf-AiHFKu8T8KtQ

way cheaper than buying individual bearings.

Posted: Dec 22, 2018 at 7:15 Quote
Resprayed my Gambler again this time Nardo Grey, just waiting for decales to arrive to finish the frame off
Scott gambler sprayed Nardo Grey

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 5:17 Quote
Looking at buying a 2017 frame is theyre any difference from a 2018 frame?

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 at 2:56 Quote
Joecliffe93 wrote:
Looking at buying a 2017 frame is theyre any difference from a 2018 frame?
the 18 frame has a shorter shock. 9.5" instead of 10.5"

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 at 5:53 Quote
Is that a good thing or not? Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013809
Mobile Version of Website