Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
editor wrote:
Hi guys,

Is it worth to upgrade linkige of my 2015 gambler to 2018 just to put 241mm shock? Will this make the frame more progressive? What is the main plus of 2018 linkages?

Thanks!

Has anyone ridden both the 2015-2017 bikes, AND the 2018 or 2019 ones? Also interested to hear if there is any significant difference, besides better shock availability with the new ones.

The new ones are supposed to be more progressive which the gambler desperately needed. I feel mine is way too linear. I have the max number of volume spacers in my float x2

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
Good to know Thunder. The 2018 bike feels just about perfect as is. Only thing I'd change, is add an extra cm to the length of the bike, but I'm nitpicking and I can't ask for everything. Still, if they had an XL size of the 2019 bike, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, I'm 188cm with long arms. I'm not sold on the new 2020 Gambler yet, maybe with time or after a demo.. I hope they turn the old one into the voltage or whatever for North America, because my 2018 definitely feels like a "freeridey" DH bike and I'd bet it works better for their Freeride team riders too, versus the new Bugatti-style DH 29ers that are all about speed and fast times. It's all around better than the Voltage too, and doesn't lack too much maneuverability versus the old voltage. Let's be honest here, the voltage sucks at pedaling uphill. I'd never use the voltage for uphill, and it's maybe 5-10% more maneuverable (at 170mm rear, 180mm front) than the 2018 gambler.

The stock 2018 720 Gambler is not too gushy, but not a pogo-stick out back either. It's perfect feeling so far. I don't even have it set up right yet, and the bike simply feels amazing. I can't wait to feel what it's like when I dial it in. I used to think I liked really progressive bikes, but in reality I don't go fast enough to enjoy a super progressive bike. I like something in the middle, where I can get some platform to push off of and bounce around, but I also use all my travel at average advanced speeds. I thought super progressive meant super playful, but at the speeds I ride, and 15-30 ft jumps, I think the frame shape and chain stay length has more to do with how flickable and maneuverable a bike feels over trail obstacles and in the air. This bike is exactly what I was looking for, a big bmx-like DH bike, if that makes sense.

I finally took mine out for a"real" spin yesterday on a steep DH trail. The bike feels amazing after the maiden voyage. Compared to my last 2 DH bikes, 2017 Glory 2 and 2016 Commencal Supreme essential, it feels more natural and I got along with it quicker. Within a few runs I was dancing around on the back wheel, and playing with the bike. I hated the glory, but really liked the Supreme, although the high pivot system felt odd to me when jumping. The Gambler just feels better for me and how I ride.

Only thing weird about it, is that modern enduro and even trail bikes are getting longer, and it just takes getting used to being on the shorter bike. In reality, not a big deal because I wanted a more "playful" bike, and it's still quite a bit longer than the old voltage. 1250mm wheelbase isn't that short honestly, but new DH bikes are pushing over 1300mm.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
I didn't demo. I bought the 2018 on a deep discount, based on my amazing experience on the 2013 26in Gambler. This 2018 bike feels like a natural extension of the 2013. Just bigger wheels, a bit stiffer and faster, but still fun as all hell in that short CS setting. I'm so glad I stuck with my gut this time around, instead of going for the cheapest option.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 18:10 Quote
Hey guys just bought my first Gambler; 2015 that is getting the 2018 linkage and new bearings. Quick question about rear shock hardware. Main frame is 8x22.2 but the linkage mount is 8x59.94? Do I just get 8x60mm? I’ll be running the 9.5x3 RS vivid Coil from my Intense 951 Evo build. Thanks!

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Hi all i need to remove the swingarm of my 2017 scott gambler 710, i removed the bolt on the other side, now how to remove the axle on the picture, it seems locked. TNX
photo

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
All normal threads dude, hold the 10mm hex from the other side by putting the long end of the allen key in from the drive side, then hold it by its short end with an adjustable wrench or vice grips, then loosen the big nut off from the other side by turning it counter clockwise (standard direction thread) it will be tight if its never been apart before. The nut will thread off and you may have to "drive" the pivot shaft out with some type of a punch (piece of bar, socket extension ect.) and then of course just keep track of the chamfered bearing spacers that are installed on either side of the rear swingarm (they will probably fall out and hit the floor, just don't lose em)

This one?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
hnr45 wrote:
Hi all i need to remove the swingarm of my 2017 scott gambler 710, i removed the bolt on the other side, now how to remove the axle on the picture, it seems locked. TNX
photo
If you removed the nut from the other side, now you just have to hammer this axle (from the side where the nut was).

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
What is the seatpost diameter of a 710 2015 Scott Gambler

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 23:34 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:

31.6mm

Here a website with your bike specs. Easier to bookmark in case you need to know more specs:
https://m.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Scott/Gambler-710,14994

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

31.6mm

Here a website with your bike specs. Easier to bookmark in case you need to know more specs:
I'm kind of confused because my seat clamp says 34.9

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Tripmo wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

31.6mm

I'm kind of confused because my seat clamp says 34.9

Your seat clamp is 34.9 because that accounts for your frame thickness + the seatpost diameter. Any new seatpost you buy should be 31.6. Hope I explained that good enough!

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
Looking to upgrade parts to run in conjunction with zee crankset/ rear mech.
What cassettes and chains (how many links?) are people running?

(Medium frame, long chainstay)

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Hey Everyone! I’m sure this question has been answered but I haven’t been able to find it. I just picked up a small 17 gambler for cheap, ex rental bike. I need to put a heavier spring, it currently has a 250x3.75. What options do I have? I weigh around 155lbs and ride pretty aggressively. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
Man this bike is good

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
thechadd3 wrote:
Hey Everyone! I’m sure this question has been answered but I haven’t been able to find it. I just picked up a small 17 gambler for cheap, ex rental bike. I need to put a heavier spring, it currently has a 250x3.75. What options do I have? I weigh around 155lbs and ride pretty aggressively. Thanks in advance!

I've asked the people at ti-springs (https://www.ti-springs.com/) for opinions on what springs would suit me best. so far they have been really helpful.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014753
Mobile Version of Website