Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 2:18 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
mayhemsport wrote:
Fox float rear shocks are way to linear in their travel. They claimed they are not. Everyone i know that had them changed to coil. As their bike blew through its travel with that airshock. And the gambler has a particular suspension.

Hmmm. I thought this was common with any shock on the gambler. You're saying coil would be significantly better?

I would say coil is better better than that fox float shock. Canecreek has less linear feel. I know several people that bought the canyon sender. All changed to coil. Blew right through travel. But yeah. The suspension on the gambler is not that much impressive i gotta say. Ridden mostly vp and fsr these last years. The geo is good on the gambler. But that rear end is hard to get perfect. I currently have a zocchi moto on it. Made it very good. Superb shock. Shame they dont exist anymore. That new fox stuf is not zocchi.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
I went from a Fox coil shock to a Bos air shock, I say when it’s set up correctly far better than coil, 3 years with no issues so far, always have 5mm or so before fully bottoms out

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
jay1601 wrote:
I went from a Fox coil shock to a Bos air shock, I say when it’s set up correctly far better than coil, 3 years with no issues so far, always have 5mm or so before fully bottoms out

Let me guess. Fox vanilla?

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
mayhemsport wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
mayhemsport wrote:
Fox float rear shocks are way to linear in their travel. They claimed they are not. Everyone i know that had them changed to coil. As their bike blew through its travel with that airshock. And the gambler has a particular suspension.

Hmmm. I thought this was common with any shock on the gambler. You're saying coil would be significantly better?

I would say coil is better better than that fox float shock. Canecreek has less linear feel. I know several people that bought the canyon sender. All changed to coil. Blew right through travel. But yeah. The suspension on the gambler is not that much impressive i gotta say. Ridden mostly vp and fsr these last years. The geo is good on the gambler. But that rear end is hard to get perfect. I currently have a zocchi moto on it. Made it very good. Superb shock. Shame they dont exist anymore. That new fox stuf is not zocchi.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna look into getting a coil shock. Maybe that's why the float x2 only came on the gambler for one year. Scott switched back to coil.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 1:13 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
mayhemsport wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna look into getting a coil shock. Maybe that's why the float x2 only came on the gambler for one year. Scott switched back to coil.

There is many other better airshocks out there. Just the x2 from fox is not good. Canecreek and bos, dvo has good airshocks. If you get a good deal on the other mentioned brands i would try it.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
Westbrookcycles from UK have the available Links , and they will ship it worldwide.
They are not in stock as stated. They order them from Scott Europe Distributor.

Regards

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Anyone running zee derailleur ?

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:

I did until I smashed it during a crash. Was a solid derailleur, no issues at all.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 3:13 Quote
dr-fishy-noooo wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

I did until I smashed it during a crash. Was a solid derailleur, no issues at all.
Do you have any pictures mine I think has something wrong with the dropout position

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015873
Mobile Version of Website