Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Hi guys!

Has anyone thought of mounting an idler through the main pivot? It seems that it would diminuate the chain growth, but would it have any negative impact?

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
SSBone wrote:
Hi guys!

Has anyone thought of mounting an idler through the main pivot? It seems that it would diminuate the chain growth, but would it have any negative impact?
I have tried it ,I can definitely feel the difference in high speed sections where you need to brake but the down side it the increase in pedal Bob

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
Hey crew, broke my derailier hanger and went to go and take off the broken one and one of the t20 screws holding the long/short flipchip is stripped. I have tried slightly larger torx/Allen and still not enough umph to get her loose. Attempting to gorilla glue a torx inside and undo it that way. Any other suggestions are welcome

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
Hi

First time posting here. Can someone tell the width of the top tube on 2016 Gambler? I just sent the frame away to be rawed and forgot to measure for new stickers.

Thanks

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
Anyone has any idea what could be causing this? The bolts don't seem to be loosened, could it be bearings?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
HusTLeRa wrote:
Anyone has any idea what could be causing this? The bolts don't seem to be loosened, could it be bearings?

How much nm you put on them.
Also did you try to remove them and see if they are seized?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
HusTLeRa wrote:

How much nm you put on them.
Also, did you try to remove them and see if they are seized?

I haven't assembled the frame myself. I tried tightening slightly but it wouldn't tighten. I will disassemble the linkage tomorrow and see how things are looking. The good thing is I can get singe bearings and not buy the complete rebuild kit.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
Evil46 wrote:
Hi

First time posting here. Can someone tell the width of the top tube on 2016 Gambler? I just sent the frame away to be rawed and forgot to measure for new stickers.

Thanks

Thickest part is 2"

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
editor wrote:
Hi guys,

Is it worth to upgrade linkige of my 2015 gambler to 2018 just to put 241mm shock? Will this make the frame more progressive? What is the main plus of 2018 linkages?

Thanks!

Has anyone ridden both the 2015-2017 bikes, AND the 2018 or 2019 ones? Also interested to hear if there is any significant difference, besides better shock availability with the new ones.

The new ones are supposed to be more progressive which the gambler desperately needed. I feel mine is way too linear. I have the max number of volume spacers in my float x2

I have a 2016 Gambler-710 with X2 and running 10 Spacers, I am loving it! Feels good to me.

I am 160 lbs geared up and running about 30-31% Sag. Bike feels very composed, and the big square edge hits/drops are more predictable now. The Bike really sucked and did bottom out way too easily from the Factory though (only 3 spacers).

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
Hey everyone, I've picked up a 2018 Gambler 730 and I'm pretty new to bikes so I'm trying to figure out how to know what bottom bracket I need to order to fit the bike. The only thing I can find is What's in the manual. Pf 104 / 41mm Inner diameter. Looking up what comes on the bike , all it says is truvativ howitzer 83mm. Needless to say I'm very confused, especially being completely new to bikes.

I've also found some strange differences in Scott's online owner's manual vs actual specifications for the shock. This bike has a 9.5x3 van RC with a 500x3.25 coil on it (the shock tune says Scott Gambler on fox's site)
The confusing part is Scott's manual says it should be a 10.5x3.5 shock with a 500x3.5 spring. What am I missing?

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
Solorider13 wrote:
Hey everyone, I've picked up a 2018 Gambler 730 and I'm pretty new to bikes so I'm trying to figure out how to know what bottom bracket I need to order to fit the bike. The only thing I can find is What's in the manual. Pf 104 / 41mm Inner diameter. Looking up what comes on the bike , all it says is truvativ howitzer 83mm. Needless to say I'm very confused, especially being completely new to bikes.

I've also found some strange differences in Scott's online owner's manual vs actual specifications for the shock. This bike has a 9.5x3 van RC with a 500x3.25 coil on it (the shock tune says Scott Gambler on fox's site)
The confusing part is Scott's manual says it should be a 10.5x3.5 shock with a 500x3.5 spring. What am I missing?

I think the 2018 models are with 240mm shock, not 267mm. Maybe your manual is for 2017?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010900
Mobile Version of Website