Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 4:24 Quote
mayhemsport wrote:
Is that 29" at the back as well? i am thinking of doing exactly this with mine. There is tons of tire space. even with 650b 2.5 magic marys.

It looks like it would fit on the long chainstay setup, but the bike is indeed a mullet.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
englertracing wrote:
NickC18 wrote:
I run a Semenuk Liason on my 2018. What I did was take the spring off my shock and compress the suspension fully then adjust the seat to be a few mm from the tire at full travel.

That can remove your testicles.

Haha what?

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
NickC18 wrote:
englertracing wrote:
NickC18 wrote:
I run a Semenuk Liason on my 2018. What I did was take the spring off my shock and compress the suspension fully then adjust the seat to be a few mm from the tire at full travel.

Haha what?

What happens when your balls get in there?
Go raise ya seat man.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
englertracing wrote:
NickC18 wrote:
englertracing wrote:

Haha what?

Go raise ya seat man.

I said I left a few millimeters...how big do you think my balls are?!

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 23:59 Quote
NickC18 wrote:
englertracing wrote:
NickC18 wrote:

Haha what?

Go raise ya seat man.

I said I left a few millimeters...how big do you think my balls are?!

2.5cm at least, guving the benefit of the doubt....

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
Anyone know of someone in the UK whose had a gambler stolen as this advert stinks https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mountain-bike/283604866193?hash=item42082ad491:g:3tsAAOSwQVZdcRDl

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 5:39 Quote
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2016 gambler. I am looking to replace the rear spring with something heavier. At the moment it has a fox van R with a 300x3.7 spring. I have been looking around and the best option I have found was a 500x3.65 steel fox spring, would this work on my bike? Also do the fox SLS coils work on a 2016 fox van R? Thanks for your help. Hopefully this is the right place to post

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 5:59 Quote
All my new parts ready to be build up on my current bike (Scott Gambler 10 (2013).

Cannot wait. I will build it up this weekend onwards. I will share the full build here as well.
All my new parts for my old bike. Going to build it up upcoming week.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
Does anyone know which derailur hanger is needed for Sram GX 7 speed for 2016 Gambler?

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 21:54 Quote
Just a standard one. Looks like this.

https://northshorebillet.com/collections/derailleur-hangers/products/scott-gambler-derailleur-hanger

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:

https://northshorebillet.com/collections/derailleur-hangers/products/scott-gambler-derailleur-hanger

Ok thanks! So it's the same for Shimano and Sram?

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Evil46 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

Ok thanks! So it's the same for Shimano and Sram?

Yes

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I would occasionally get seat buzz from the rear tire so I went to an SDG I-Fly Saddle and that helped.

What were you flip chips set too? I'm getting seat buzz too

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
I should preface. I was running 2016 gambler with 27.5 wheels in Long chain stay position with Low BB setting majority of the time. I have since sold it to a friend but it was a great bike. My only complaint is that I wanted a bigger (Longer) bike.

Gambler at the top of Portal Trail in Moab

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015934
Mobile Version of Website