Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I should preface. I was running 2016 gambler with 27.5 wheels in Long chain stay position with Low BB setting majority of the time. I have since sold it to a friend but it was a great bike. My only complaint is that I wanted a bigger (Longer) bike.

Gambler at the top of Portal Trail in Moab

How tall are you and what frame size was the Gambler? Have you since found another bike?

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
I am 5' 7" (~170cm) and I had a size Medium. Now that I look back I am realizing I had a 2014 not a 2016. However the Geo is very similar between the two years and the reach numbers are the same at 415mm for a medium in low BB setting. I now have a Large 2017 YT Tues AL (445mm Reach) which is close in size to a large 2014 or 2016 gambler. FOr comparison sake lets look at the 2020 Gambler, it has a 430mm reach for a Medium and 460mm for a Large (Low BB Setting). I really think that 445 is about perfect for me on a DH bike as I have tried bikes a little longer and shorter and where I am at feels really balanced for being good for all around riding.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I am 5' 7" (~170cm) and I had a size Medium. Now that I look back I am realizing I had a 2014 not a 2016. However the Geo is very similar between the two years and the reach numbers are the same at 415mm for a medium in low BB setting. I now have a Large 2017 YT Tues AL (445mm Reach) which is close in size to a large 2014 or 2016 gambler. FOr comparison sake lets look at the 2020 Gambler, it has a 430mm reach for a Medium and 460mm for a Large (Low BB Setting). I really think that 445 is about perfect for me on a DH bike as I have tried bikes a little longer and shorter and where I am at feels really balanced for being good for all around riding.

Yeah that is the only downside of the Gamblers.
Mine is a Gambler 10 from 2013. The reach is not like the newer bikes, but for the rest the bike is an awesome machine that can take any beating.

I am 5'7 as well (1m74), riding a medium frame.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 1:55 Quote
Hi guys,

Looking at buying the 2018 linkage for my 2016 gambler, is it just the floating linkage (and different size shock) that needs to be replaced?
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-gambler-floating-linkage-for-2018-models-p335577

Or the linkage bars?
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-gambler-main-linkage-for-2018-models-p335575

Or both?

Cheers

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Dan284 wrote:
Hi guys,

Looking at buying the 2018 linkage for my 2016 gambler, is it just the floating linkage (and different size shock) that needs to be replaced?
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-gambler-floating-linkage-for-2018-models-p335577

Or the linkage bars?
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-gambler-main-linkage-for-2018-models-p335575

Or both?

Cheers

I did this on my 2015 build and you need BOTH. I would suggest replacing all the linkage bearings while your're at it just to be safe. The floating linkage comes with new bearings already pressed in. Hope this helps!

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 4:50 Quote
Scott Gambler 10 from 2013. Still running on 26". 26" ain't dead.

Custom painted frame, custom powder coated shock spring, Spank Rims and stem in Blue, Handle bar and pedal in green. Decals are painted in green on frame as well.

Finally Project CGP is finished. The custom painted frame powder coated shock goes very well with my handle bar pedals rims. Love it. Looks like a totally brand new bike. Special thanks to Kenny for building my bike up my wife that supported me as well. Scottbikes lovescottbikes paintextreme custompaintjob custommtb downhillbike spankbikes bike24 shimano downhill gmbn vitalmtb pinkbike
Finally Project CGP is finished. The custom painted frame powder coated shock goes very well with my handle bar pedals rims. Love it. Looks like a totally brand new bike. Special thanks to Kenny for building my bike up my wife that supported me as well. Scottbikes lovescottbikes paintextreme custompaintjob custommtb downhillbike spankbikes bike24 shimano downhill gmbn vitalmtb pinkbike

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
Tripmo wrote:

Custom painted frame, custom powder coated shock spring, Spank Rims and stem in Blue, Handle bar and pedal in green. Decals are painted in green on frame as well.

WOW Man! Well done customising your Gambler I like the green highlights on the rest of the colourful bike. My custom build is nearly done too just waiting for deraileur hanger to arrive next week. Happy riding.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
Evil46 wrote:
Tripmo wrote:

WOW Man! Well done customising your Gambler I like the green highlights on the rest of the colourful bike. My custom build is nearly done too just waiting for deraileur hanger to arrive next week. Happy riding.

Thanks bro. Please share photo's of your custom build.!!

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
I've read through a lot of this forum trying to find a definitive answer, but its driving me insane. i've got a 2017 710 and every big hit my seat is buzzing off the tyre. I've got the post up as far as poss and the seat tilted forward at a ridiculous degree yet its still doing it. The bikes just has a full overhaul - frame bearings, fork and shock service, new discs/pads and bleed etc. its running like a dream but i cant ride it like this any more - its driving me mental

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
littlelukeey wrote:
I've read through a lot of this forum trying to find a definitive answer, but its driving me insane. i've got a 2017 710 and every big hit my seat is buzzing off the tyre. I've got the post up as far as poss and the seat tilted forward at a ridiculous degree yet its still doing it. The bikes just has a full overhaul - frame bearings, fork and shock service, new discs/pads and bleed etc. its running like a dream but i cant ride it like this any more - its driving me mental
I have the exactly same model, and it only happened me on the longest setting, when the shock was too soft, are you running the longest or the shortest chainstay setting?

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
littlelukeey wrote:
I have the exactly same model, and it only happened me on the longest setting, when the shock was too soft, are you running the longest or the shortest chainstay setting?

I think i've tried it all 4 ways - long and high, long and low, short and high and short and low. ill double check tonight and change it around but at the minute i think its on long and high

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
SDG makes a non I-Beam version of the seat called the Radar. They can be found for pretty cheap.

Found one for a about 25€ only used once, with a 350mm 0 offset fully slammed seat post it has room to spare at maximum compression.

Only downside it has the YT logo on it...

Thank you for the suggestion!

littlelukeey wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
littlelukeey wrote:

I think i've tried it all 4 ways - long and high, long and low, short and high and short and low. ill double check tonight and change it around but at the minute i think its on long and high

The rear triangle is the same as mine. Do you have a seat post with offset? Is your seat curved inwards or outwards?

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
littlelukeey wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
littlelukeey wrote:

Which shock are you running ?

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share my Scotty, various bits and pieces changed. The wheels were my lastest purchase.

Cheers Smile

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 11:25 Quote
Just finished my own 2017 Gambler. I polished the frame and put a clear coat on. It rides like a dream.

Just finished my custom 2017 Scott Gambler.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027207
Mobile Version of Website