Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
nickhugentobler wrote:
Just finished my own 2017 Gambler. I polished the frame and put a clear coat on. It rides like a dream.

Just finished my custom 2017 Scott Gambler.

photo
It's sick, I only would have put some decals under the clear coat

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 4:06 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
nickhugentobler wrote:
Just finished my own 2017 Gambler. I polished the frame and put a clear coat on. It rides like a dream.

photo

I thought about that, but decided to put them on over the clear coat. I wanted to be able to change colour if I get bored by the current ones. Ordered some black decals wich will arrive soon.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
It looks so good in raw, I am very tempted to strip mine too...

nickhugentobler wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
nickhugentobler wrote:

photo

I thought about that, but decided to put them on over the clear coat. I wanted to be able to change colour if I get bored by the current ones. Ordered some black decals wich will arrive soon.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 23:47 Quote
SSBone wrote:
It looks so good in raw, I am very tempted to strip mine too...

nickhugentobler wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

The camera doesn't do it justice, it looks even better. I tried stripping it chemically but due to EU regulations we only get the weak stuff, there is no point in even trying with that. I got it done by a professional for about 30$. I achieved the finish with Scotch-Brite pads.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 1:39 Quote
I noticed that the bars of my rear linkage (2017) have some play, I'm able to twist them just a little bit.. The rear triangle itself doesnt have any side to side play. Does anyone else have this problem? If so how can i fix it?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
nickhugentobler wrote:
I noticed that the bars of my rear linkage (2017) have some play, I'm able to twist them just a little bit.. The rear triangle itself doesnt have any side to side play. Does anyone else have this problem? If so how can i fix it?

Control your bearings. You are probably good to change 4 of them in the linkage rods.
It could be one of your screw/axle which is a bit loose, check tightening torque too.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 3:06 Quote
Groscreux wrote:
nickhugentobler wrote:

Control your bearings. You are probably good to change 4 of them in the linkage rods.
It could be one of your screw/axle which is a bit loose, check tightening torque too.

The bearings are new, and I assembled everything with a torque wrench. I put the chamfered side of the red washers towards the bearings. Is that the right way ?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 4:52 Quote
Ok, it seems that you have done everything good.
So, it's hard to understand why your bike has play.
Yes, washers are correctly assembled.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Any body need a new full bearing and pivot rebuild & repair kit? I've got one for sale for $200 firm plus shipping. For all models from 2013-2019.
photo

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Man this bike is good

So you are/were a bmxer? It looks like it, reading your posts.

I was watching a Nico Vink bikecheck and he manuals everywhere. Kinda my thing when riding bmx. Well he also rides a Gambler!

Im planning to buy a DH bike, so i rode a mate's bike yesterday, and pretty sure that was a linear bike. Suuper mushy.

Do you like having a more progressive bike? Linear just feels really sluggish for me. No pop.

Does progressive feel better for jumping/hopping and manualing? (From a bmx riders perspective)

Edit: i'm pretty sure i quoted a post from wayyy back... sorry guys Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
casmarek wrote:
Any body need a new full bearing and pivot rebuild & repair kit? I've got one for sale for $200 firm plus shipping. For all models from 2013-2018, maybe more.
photo

Damn it! I just did mine last week. You would have saved me a bit of money

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 5:09 Quote
Hi folks, the new big boy is standing!
photo
Learn more about the build here

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
qblambda wrote:
Learn more about the build here[/L]

I saw that bike on vitalmtb and i was in awe. Wish i could see the clear carbon a little better though, i was looking for some patterns and weaves but couldn't spot much lol.

Was it bought raw or did you strip the frame?

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
TI-6AL-4V wrote:
qblambda wrote:
Learn more about the build here[/L]

I saw that bike on vitalmtb and i was in awe. Wish i could see the clear carbon a little better though, i was looking for some patterns and weaves but couldn't spot much lol.

Was it bought raw or did you strip the frame?

What you see is UD fiber, when you mention weaves you're talking about 12k, 6k, 3k etc... As Scott frames are extremely light they don't use an additional 'cosmetic' layer to shave few more grams.
The light reflection is much brighter tho as an entire patch can be shiny with the right angle and not just a combo of tiny squares.
The frame is factory coated.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
Hi, Does anyone have a rear triangle for sale? Orange 2017 preferred but anything will do at this point.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.123789
Mobile Version of Website