Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
Thanks guys for help! Gambler is awesome!tup

Gambler 920 weight 15.40kg

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
Stoked on my 2018 710 Gambler! Such a playful DH bike.

I do find it has a LOT of chain growth... I sized the chain at full compression around the largest cog and notice I get a ton of chain slap and even some vibration on the chain guide. How is everyone else sizing their chain? It’s very unlikely I’ll ever bottom out the suspension is the easiest gear... rarely in that gear at all. Is everyone sizing their chain off a smaller cog?

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 23:37 Quote
sb666 wrote:

I do find it has a LOT of chain growth... I sized the chain at full compression around the largest cog and notice I get a ton of chain slap and even some vibration on the chain guide. How is everyone else sizing their chain? It’s very unlikely I’ll ever bottom out the suspension is the easiest gear... rarely in that gear at all. Is everyone sizing their chain off a smaller cog?

I have a short cage Zee and went single speed for this reason, didn't like the chain slap. I guess that if I went with the medium cage it would have had proper tension on the smallest cog. You could also remove some gears, it's very unlikely that you need more than 7, and size the chain on your 7th gear. Don't size it on the smallest, it will be too short.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
The medium cage idea is interesting for sure. I think for the time being I’ll just stick with the 10 speed cassette but size it off the middle... again, when are you bottoming out in the easy gears really?

Single speed idea is very interesting!

I notice it’s a slap but sometimes even almost a vibration, guessing that’s when the chain is pulled and vibrates on the chain guide - did you notice that as well at all?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
sb666 wrote:
The medium cage idea is interesting for sure. I think for the time being I’ll just stick with the 10 speed cassette but size it off the middle... again, when are you bottoming out in the easy gears really?

I notice it’s a slap but sometimes even almost a vibration, guessing that’s when the chain is pulled and vibrates on the chain guide - did you notice that as well at all?

I only ran it with a narrow wide since the beginning so I don't know about that.

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
SSBone wrote:
sb666 wrote:

I only ran it with a narrow wide since the beginning so I don't know about that.

Gotcha. Thank you for the info!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 11:52 Quote
Does anyone UK based want a spare dropout? I'm selling my voltage and have a spare, it says on the packet 2013 gambler but I'm sure it works for later ones Part No 229735-222

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
sb666 wrote:

The chain slap is very bad. I just use really good chain stay/seat stay protection

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
I can live with it, the bike kicks ass. But yea def seems to grow a full 4 links on bottom out. All good, love the thing

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 20:50 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Does anyone UK based want a spare dropout? I'm selling my voltage and have a spare, it says on the packet 2013 gambler but I'm sure it works for later ones Part No 229735-222

I actually need one, but I am SG based Frown

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:

If you cover the postage you can have it, will be about £5

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 1:18 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Tripmo wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:

Alright sounds ok with me, can I PM you?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 1:42 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Tripmo wrote:

Alright sounds ok with me, can I PM you?

Sure, I've literally just got back from the Post Office, so wont get them off for a couple of days

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
Anybody try an air shock (Fox X2) on the 2018-2019 Gambler linkage?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
For people that have installed the angle adjust headset cups, does the frame provide a pretty straightforward way to line them up with those inner notches? I have the bearing press and what not, I’ve just never installed an angle adjust headset and want to know what I’m getting into before popping out the stock cups.

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007087
Mobile Version of Website