Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
lance2012 wrote:
Kersh wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:
I have a 2021 gambler tuned. I have problem with the rear suspension or triangel it has a slight rattel/movement( not the cable) replaced the bushings on the suspension did nohthing and it is really anoying help!!!

Me too, no idea how to solve it. Really slight knock in the suspension somewhere, also changed the bushings to no effect, brand new bike.

As in a click sound coming from around the seatstay? That’s what I get with mine anyway. Had a fair few issues with this bike. The flimsy and flexy rear adapter being one. Just had a new beefier one machined to replace it.

If the bikes on the ground without me on it, and i lift the seat up and down slightly i can feel and hear a very slight knock in the suspension somewhere like the bushings have gone. However they have been changed and its still there. If i push it up and down harder it gets louder.

I can feel it when on the bike too. Riding off a kerb for example. It's slight, but annoying

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 8:18 Quote

Picture of the new beefed up adapter against the old one made from cheese, kindly made by a mate. Hopefully get rid of the dreadful flex it had. Looking at the 2021 models they do have a chunkier adapter, at least from what I can see.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Kenth35 wrote:
I have a 2021 gambler tuned. I have problem with the rear suspension or triangel it has a slight rattel/movement( not the cable) replaced the bushings on the suspension did nohthing and it is really anoying help!!!

I have the aluminum gambler so might not help but with my CC V10 if the torque isn’t at spec I get a knock that I thought was bad bushings until after rebuilding the rear to no avail I checked torque and that was the issue.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
lance2012 wrote:

Picture of the new beefed up adapter against the old one made from cheese, kindly made by a mate. Hopefully get rid of the dreadful flex it had. Looking at the 2021 models they do have a chunkier adapter, at least from what I can see.

Yep a replacement thicker adapter came with it, they must have had some issues with the older one. There was a note with it saying that you could get the replacement under warranty

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Kersh wrote:
lance2012 wrote:
Kersh wrote:

Me too, no idea how to solve it. Really slight knock in the suspension somewhere, also changed the bushings to no effect, brand new bike.

As in a click sound coming from around the seatstay? That’s what I get with mine anyway. Had a fair few issues with this bike. The flimsy and flexy rear adapter being one. Just had a new beefier one machined to replace it.

If the bikes on the ground without me on it, and i lift the seat up and down slightly i can feel and hear a very slight knock in the suspension somewhere like the bushings have gone. However they have been changed and its still there. If i push it up and down harder it gets louder.

I can feel it when on the bike too. Riding off a kerb for example. It's slight, but annoying

Did you try to check bolt of rear shock? I was changed it on titanuim because default was bent.
Did you chaged all bearings in suspension? (small one in link nearest to shock too?) Because I changed all of them. Bearings in suspension are scks.I used "enduro" bearings.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
Kersh wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:

p

Well damn same problem

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Kenth35 wrote:
Kersh wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:

p

Well damn same problem

Check bearings. They are dying so fast because quality is not so good.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
YakuT wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:
Kersh wrote:

p

Well damn same problem

bearings are good when I had the shock in my hand and twisted the lower part i could feel the bushings moving brand new straight from fox

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
bike is 2 weeks old this is real fun

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 16:38 Quote
Kenth35 wrote:
YakuT wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:
p

Well damn same problem

bearings are good when I had the shock in my hand and twisted the lower part i could feel the bushings moving brand new straight from fox

okay.
I changet default axle in shock because it was shorter for a 0.7mm and thinner and because of this my bushings had a backlash. now everything is fine I put old bushings and they r working good. I changed it 3 times before)
If you have a familiar turner - ask him to make the axis, I can send the dimensions later, but you must measure its length for your frame by yourself. frames have some inaccuracies.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2017 Scott Gambler 710 for a wicked good deal and am currently having it tuned up for the season. In the ad the guy listed it as an XL frame and even when I asked him if he was sure he said it was XL.

I ended up driving out 6 hours each way to go see it and it turns out it was an L frame. Since I already made the drive I was hesitant to go back home without the bike so I bought it anyways as I thought the price was too good to pass up.

I'm 6'4 and about 220lbs and was wondering if it's worth keeping it for my size or should I sell it and get something with an XL frame? I haven't been able to take it out yet as it needed a general tune plus lifts at my local mountain don't open till next week.

Any advice and insight from similar riders would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
MatteoFV wrote:
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2017 Scott Gambler 710 for a wicked good deal and am currently having it tuned up for the season. In the ad the guy listed it as an XL frame and even when I asked him if he was sure he said it was XL.

I ended up driving out 6 hours each way to go see it and it turns out it was an L frame. Since I already made the drive I was hesitant to go back home without the bike so I bought it anyways as I thought the price was too good to pass up.

I'm 6'4 and about 220lbs and was wondering if it's worth keeping it for my size or should I sell it and get something with an XL frame? I haven't been able to take it out yet as it needed a general tune plus lifts at my local mountain don't open till next week.

2017 Size large has a reach measurement of 445mm in Low BB mode. I am 5'8" and I ride an older YT Tues in size large with the same reach measurement and I think it fits pretty well if not a little small. Something to think about, here is the Geo for the 2021 Gambler. Also, Scott's sizing chart would have you on an XL.

2020 Scott Gambler

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 20:10 Quote
MatteoFV wrote:

Ride it and see how you feel but the large is pretty short. In my opinion even XL is too short for you. My small commencal supreme is only 5mm shorter than a large gambler. I am 5'5"

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 2:25 Quote
lance2012 wrote:

Hey, as someone said, you can get the replacement one under warranty at your dealer:

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Eneite wrote:
lance2012 wrote:

Hey, as someone said, you can get the replacement one under warranty at your dealer:

My dealer said they weren't aware of an issue and scott wont deal with me directly, so i was stuck with the piece of crap. Wish id chucked more at a dh bike and gone with Santa Cruz. Never had a single issue when dealing with them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009129
Mobile Version of Website