Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 16:01 Quote
Is anyone running a Fox Factory X2 on the rear of the Gambler.
I Don't know how well the 2 worked together.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 19:39 Quote
samdreise wrote:
ivi4rk wrote:
samdreise wrote:
Bought a 2020 910 Gambler recently (Size L) and it came stock with a 500 lb x 3.25 in foxshox spring. I ran my measurements (66kg/145lb) through the tf tuned calculator and it recommended a 300 lb spring which seems ridiculously light. My riding style is quite aggressive and I love flat landing jumps. Wondering if there are any spring rate experts out there with a similar experience who had any advice for me before I parted with my cash. Thanks!

TF Tuned always tell you to run lighter springs than what you'd actually want. Maybe try a little lighter but don't take what they say as gospel

Cheers for the advice, I'll be going with a 400.

Are you going to hit big jumps/drops? If not your 400lb is too much for you.
I weigh 77kg and for normal terrain I riding on a 400lb. If the track has big drops/jumps I put my 450lb spring on.

For someone of your weight, only when you hit big stuff you need that 400lb, for normal terrain riding the spring is too stiff I would say. I think for normal terrain you be fine with a 300lb spring.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 3:23 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
samdreise wrote:
ivi4rk wrote:

TF Tuned always tell you to run lighter springs than what you'd actually want. Maybe try a little lighter but don't take what they say as gospel

Cheers for the advice, I'll be going with a 400.

Are you going to hit big jumps/drops? If not your 400lb is too much for you.
I weigh 77kg and for normal terrain I riding on a 400lb. If the track has big drops/jumps I put my 450lb spring on.

For someone of your weight, only when you hit big stuff you need that 400lb, for normal terrain riding the spring is too stiff I would say. I think for normal terrain you be fine with a 300lb spring.

I use a fair bit of the 500lb springs travel on bigger drops so I'll still keep it around for bigger stuff. I reckon a 400lb or 350lb will suit me though given my riding style. Thanks for the advice

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 3:24 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
samdreise wrote:
Bought a 2020 910 Gambler recently (Size L) and it came stock with a 500 lb x 3.25 in foxshox spring. I ran my measurements (66kg/145lb) through the tf tuned calculator and it recommended a 300 lb spring which seems ridiculously light. My riding style is quite aggressive and I love flat landing jumps. Wondering if there are any spring rate experts out there with a similar experience who had any advice for me before I parted with my cash. Thanks!

You'll need a lighter than 400lb
My wife is 125lb and rides a 325lb.
When I rode the 400lb vs the 325lb it was nice. I think they are oversprung.
I would suggest 325 to 350lb

I am actually going down to a 300 and trying a 275.

I might go with a 350lb but Id rather a rougher ride than that awful bottom out noise so I'm still on the fence between 350-400.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 4:12 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:

Yeah man ive got the new linkages on with an X2 and its loads better than the Van R i had before

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
samdreise wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:
samdreise wrote:

I might go with a 350lb but Id rather a rougher ride than that awful bottom out noise so I'm still on the fence between 350-400.

Yeah but if youre a bit heavier than his wife and unless shes gassing to flat and riding aggressive as you say you do then youll want a stiffer spring

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
ivi4rk wrote:
samdreise wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:

Yeah but if youre a bit heavier than his wife and unless shes gassing to flat and riding aggressive as you say you do then youll want a stiffer spring

Ill keep the 500lb handy for freeride but I'm looking to start racing again this season and it will be my first season on a coil spring so I'll have a plush one and a stiff one. This sport is becoming bank breaking

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:

I run the 2019 (300 psi) x2 on the old linkage and it's way better than the older version. More supportive and never blows through travel like the old one.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
ivi4rk wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:

Yeah man ive got the new linkages on with an X2 and its loads better than the Van R i had before

What new linkage? I have a 2020 tuned.
is there a different linkage than the factory?
If so what benefit.

Honestly after riding the x2 the dhx2 and push 11-6
I really like the x2 for the ease of tuning on the trail.
the x2 eats bumps and has pop. the coils just eat.
If i were racing coil. Air for everything else

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 6:09 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
ivi4rk wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:

What new linkage? I have a 2020 tuned.
is there a different linkage than the factory?
If so what benefit.

Honestly after riding the x2 the dhx2 and push 11-6
I really like the x2 for the ease of tuning on the trail.
the x2 eats bumps and has pop. the coils just eat.
If i were racing coil. Air for everything else

Ahh sorry man didnt realise you were on a 2020. I'm on a 2016 with the 2019 linkages

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Stupid question I but I having trouble finding the correct headset for my 2018 Scott Gambler build.

Headset Syncros DH adjustable Semi integrated / adj +-1° or +-2° with cup ID 49.6mm / OD 55mm

https://www.syncros.com/us/en/products/syn-mountain-cockpit-headsets

Plan just replacing it with stock syncro style headset but does anyone have a better opinion?

Thanks for any help

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
2020 gambler
When I run mullet do I leave headset alone and switch shock flip chip in the high position only or do I need to adjust the headset also?
Does this retain the 63deg head angle

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
2020 gambler
When I run mullet do I leave headset alone and switch shock flip chip in the high position only or do I need to adjust the headset also?
Does this retain the 63deg head angle

It's personal preference. You don't have to touch the headset but you'll know if it's slacker/steeper once you ride it. Adjust based on feel

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
qblambda wrote:
lance2012 wrote:

Picture of the new beefed up adapter against the old one made from cheese, kindly made by a mate. Hopefully get rid of the dreadful flex it had. Looking at the 2021 models they do have a chunkier adapter, at least from what I can see.

I made few custom parts including 2 brakemounts for both long and short setups for a direct 223mm rotor, slightly thicker than 1st gen and no issue so far.

I want to upgrade my 2019 Gambler to 223 rotors. Does anyone know what Shimano adapters are needed to make the switch to the larger rotors front and rear?

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
Vdubspeed wrote:
qblambda wrote:
lance2012 wrote:

Picture of the new beefed up adapter against the old one made from cheese, kindly made by a mate. Hopefully get rid of the dreadful flex it had. Looking at the 2021 models they do have a chunkier adapter, at least from what I can see.

I made few custom parts including 2 brakemounts for both long and short setups for a direct 223mm rotor, slightly thicker than 1st gen and no issue so far.

I want to upgrade my 2019 Gambler to 223 rotors. Does anyone know what Shimano adapters are needed to make the switch to the larger rotors front and rear?

Shimano adaptors wont fit directly on to the frame as its a proprietary scott part. Ridiculous really.
Im sure you could stack one on top of the original part though. Looks like thats what normally happens.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007811
Mobile Version of Website