Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
Hello. i have a scott gambler 720, i was wondering if it would be possible to put a scott gambler 900 910 920 swing arm on it seeing that the front part of all gamblers frames are the same

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
What are the setting I need for the following setups:

moving to 27.5 from 29
Headset angle cups??
BB height: Low or High setting
Do I add the spacer under headtube to switch to 27.5??

Moving from 29er to mullet:
+1 headset??
High setting??

there is no manual for set up that I can find.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
would the shock be a 225x75 trunnion mount
I want to get the Fox Factory for easier tuning

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
would the shock be a 225x75 trunnion mount
I want to get the Fox Factory for easier tuning

Yes the newest gambler platform uses a 225x75mm Trunnion. Also would also say that it is not a simple shock to tune. More dials can actually complicate things quite a bit.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 1:15 Quote
Hey i have a 2016 gambler 710 and was wondering if anyone has experience installing volume spacers on the x2 shock as it feels very linear and i blow through a lot of travel very quick

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
HOPPIESHREDDYBOI wrote:
Hey i have a 2016 gambler 710 and was wondering if anyone has experience installing volume spacers on the x2 shock as it feels very linear and i blow through a lot of travel very quick

Volume spacers help, the air can upgrade for the shock 2019+ transforms the shock completely and stops it blowing through its travel.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 14:40 Quote
wllmd wrote:
kylar wrote:
YakuT wrote:

Hey mate! I don't know about difference between carbon and alloy, but my alloy gambler 920 around 15kg with I9 Grade 300 wheelset, front tire 820g and rear 860g.
But! I have a few faults in the frame like:
1 - the stock axle of the rear shock absorber was slightly smaller in diameter and shorter by 0.5mm, due to which there was a backlash in the suspension
2 - bent stock steel shock absorber bolt! but the problem is solved by replacing the bolt with a titanium one (my weight arond 70kg)

Mby carbon frames don't have such faults.

Thanks! Didn’t know the alloy frames would build that light. Too bad about the shock bolt, I assumed everything would be in tolerance with these. I did eventually find the weights, and it’s about 400g heavier for the carbon/alloy frame. Anyone have any comparisons on how the alloy rear end rides versus the carbon one? I’m leaning towards the 910 but it’s partly because I can get it tomorrow.

I’m rocking the 2020 920 as a mullet now and it’s a dream bike. Which sucks because I just got the SC V10 mullet and I’m now in love with the gambler. The Back end feels so light in the air it’s weird at first but the bitch flys.

What’s your set up??
Any adjustments other than moving to high setting?
Did you adjust head cup angles?

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 22:12 Quote
wllmd wrote:
kylar wrote:
YakuT wrote:

Hey mate! I don't know about difference between carbon and alloy, but my alloy gambler 920 around 15kg with I9 Grade 300 wheelset, front tire 820g and rear 860g.
But! I have a few faults in the frame like:
1 - the stock axle of the rear shock absorber was slightly smaller in diameter and shorter by 0.5mm, due to which there was a backlash in the suspension
2 - bent stock steel shock absorber bolt! but the problem is solved by replacing the bolt with a titanium one (my weight arond 70kg)

Mby carbon frames don't have such faults.

Thanks! Didn’t know the alloy frames would build that light. Too bad about the shock bolt, I assumed everything would be in tolerance with these. I did eventually find the weights, and it’s about 400g heavier for the carbon/alloy frame. Anyone have any comparisons on how the alloy rear end rides versus the carbon one? I’m leaning towards the 910 but it’s partly because I can get it tomorrow.

I’m rocking the 2020 920 as a mullet now and it’s a dream bike. Which sucks because I just got the SC V10 mullet and I’m now in love with the gambler. The Back end feels so light in the air it’s weird at first but the bitch flys.
The real question though. Mullet v10 or Mullet gambler. Which feels faster. Trying to decide for the upcoming season. Leaning towards v10 as it is such a successful bike. Let me know.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 20:50 Quote
Hello.

i was curious to see if anyone had swapped the rear of a older scott gambler to a newer model like the 920 to get rid of the big shock mount on the 720 and stuff so its updated and more open

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 3:40 Quote
ashtonhunterr wrote:
Hello.

i was curious to see if anyone had swapped the rear of a older scott gambler to a newer model like the 920 to get rid of the big shock mount on the 720 and stuff so its updated and more open

If you are talking about hte linkages from 2015-2019 then yes i have. They are a direct replacement using original bolts etc

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 0:39 Quote
ivi4rk wrote:
ashtonhunterr wrote:
Hello.

If you are talking about hte linkages from 2015-2019 then yes i have. They are a direct replacement using original bolts etc

i have a gambler 720 from 2015-2016 and was hoping to swap a 2020 gambler 920 onto it

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Hi,

Is anyone getting through shocks on 2020+ gamblers. I’ve been through 6 warranty Van RC’s. After finally being upgraded to a DHX2, which lasted longer, it’s now leaking oil and has done the same. All shocks have ended up with what I’d call a dead spot off the top and a loud, unbearable knocking. I’ve had nothing but issues with this frame. I wish I’d bought something else.

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 11:47 Quote
lance2012 wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone getting through shocks on 2020+ gamblers. I’ve been through 6 warranty Van RC’s. After finally being upgraded to a DHX2, which lasted longer, it’s now leaking oil and has done the same. All shocks have ended up with what I’d call a dead spot off the top and a loud, unbearable knocking. I’ve had nothing but issues with this frame. I wish I’d bought something else.

I don't have that frame as my gambler is older but I do own the new ransom. That had a knocking with the shock which came from the bearing housing in the top bushing. It needs a special tool to opwn it from fox and regular greasing to stop it. Not sure if the new gambler has the same pivot issue.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 11:13 Quote
Hi guys ! I just got a 2017 Scott Gambler with a fox x2 Float shock.
But i can't find anywhere anything about the setup of the shock.
How much rebound ? air pressure ? compression ?

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
msniki wrote:
Hi guys ! I just got a 2017 Scott Gambler with a fox x2 Float shock.
But i can't find anywhere anything about the setup of the shock.
How much rebound ? air pressure ? compression ?

Set the pressure to get a 25-30% sag and start with compression and rebound in the middle. First do a few hops on flat and see that te rear and front are in sync, that the rebound is similar, if not adjust until both the front and back feel the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006972
Mobile Version of Website