Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
I am getting ready to switch to 27.5 set up on my 2020 gambler.
Do i just switch wheels or do I add anything under between the headcrown and fork like a stack?
thanks

Posted: Mar 19, 2022 at 23:36 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
Do i just switch wheels or do I add anything under between the headcrown and fork like a stack?
thanks

You just have to put on the wheels, the frame is made to be ran normally with 27.5 wheels.
However, I found that my front end was too low, instead of adding cups under the stem, I added a cup under the frame (external lower headset cups). It's a personal feeling..

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 10:23 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
thanks

The bikes come with a lower 15mm headset spacer that you’ll have to hunt down. Any you have to run it in the high BB setting. If you have more than 15mm of fork showing above the upper crown, I suppose you could just move the fork up, as well.

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
Hey team, looking at buying a used 2020 920. I saw the guy had broken the frame then warrantied it. I was stoked on the bike but am now getting second thoughts…

Has anyone broken one of the 2020+ alloy frames?

Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 23:39 Quote
I’ve had nothing but issues with my 920. Horrible vibrations when braking and premature shock wear. I’ve been through 6. Van RCs and now a DHX2. I’ve had a new rear end on it and it’s back at the shop, again. I’ll never own a Scott, again.

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 1:07 Quote
lance2012 wrote:
I’ve had nothing but issues with my 920. Horrible vibrations when braking and premature shock wear. I’ve been through 6. Van RCs and now a DHX2. I’ve had a new rear end on it and it’s back at the shop, again. I’ll never own a Scott, again.

Wow. Seems the old Scott bikes are build much better then the new designed ones. Happy I never got a 900 series.
Sorry to hear you facing so many issues.

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
lance2012 wrote:

Dang, that's nuts. A new rear end, did they warranty it? And was something wrong with the frame from the factory or did you bend it or something?

Posted: Mar 21, 2022 at 11:43 Quote
Yeah, they did it under warranty but it didn’t get rid of the problem. They confirmed there was an alignment issue with the frame when they looked at it, and swapped the back end to try and correct.
No, I’ve had the issues from day one. Got upgraded to a DHX2 because of blowing up shocks all the time. The Dhx2 lasted longer but eventually went the same way as the Van RC. I put that down to the frame causing premature wear with the frame vibrating it to bits.
Tried different Rotors, brakes, adaptors etc so it’s not down to that.

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 0:32 Quote
I have bought a set of Deemax 29/27.5 for my 2020 Gambler, do I have to change the chain length if I switch to mullet ? Thanks.

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 1:20 Quote
Hello, I don't own a gambler (yet) but I am very interested in buying a second hand 2016 gambler 720. Is it worth buying? This will be my bike for quite a while so I really want to make sure I'm happy with my choice.

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 1:44 Quote
SendyMcGee3000 wrote:
Hello, I don't own a gambler (yet) but I am very interested in buying a second hand 2016 gambler 720. Is it worth buying? This will be my bike for quite a while so I really want to make sure I'm happy with my choice.

If the frame size fits you well, it is worth it. The frame has a couple of adjustments to make feel just right. Maybe take into account changing the linkages to the 2018 version for a more progressive feel (also needs a shorter shock).

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 0:18 Quote
colemanb wrote:
Hey team, looking at buying a used 2020 920. I saw the guy had broken the frame then warrantied it. I was stoked on the bike but am now getting second thoughts…

Has anyone broken one of the 2020+ alloy frames?

I have had zero issues with my 2020 alloy Gambler. Should be noted I only have like 15 full days on the bike so far due to surgery to both knees last year Rolleyes
I did the unspeakable and bought a 2020 rental bike at the end of the season, spent the winter having the paint removed and changed every bearing in the whole frame and built it up with my own components. The hubs and front rim ar the only thing apart from the frame left, and I've just picked up a used set of i9 wheels that will be going on it as soon as I get the 20x110 kit for the front hub.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
2020 920 gamb.

Broken the lower rear triangle.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
wllmd wrote:
2020 920 gamb.

Broken the lower rear triangle.
Pics ?

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I'm currently looking at the 910 2022 model. Has anyone any comparison how it compares to for example YT Tues or current high pivot Trek session?
Anything I should be aware of with this bike?

thanks

edit: or links to any tests with the AL frames?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041304
Mobile Version of Website