Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
Good morning,

I had a Scott Gambler 29" 2021 alloy in Building.
What for Fork Offset do you ride in the Bike?
With a BOXXER 46mm or 56mm?

Cheers

O+
Posted: May 16, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
danielg40 wrote:
Good morning,

I had a Scott Gambler 29" 2021 alloy in Building.
What for Fork Offset do you ride in the Bike?
With a BOXXER 46mm or 56mm?

Cheers

I have tried multiple offsets on the same bike and personally prefer shorter. I rode my Fox 40 with the stock 52mm offset and also at 44mm using the Mojo Morc 40 crowns. The shorter offset is a little bit less stable at low speeds and you kind of have to lean the bike over more in tight corners but at speed it is more stable and that is where it really counts IMO.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
Hey guys I’m currently running a 2017 Scott gambler 720. It’s an amazing bike that has taken some wild abuse, I love it but the fox 40 elite that’s on it is too soft and feels weird having a 500lbs in the rear after not finding any springs in Canada to fit the fork I’ve been leaning hard towards a fox factory 38 so I can throw some barspins and x up tricks. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible on the newer gamblers, only stuff I have seen around for the 2013

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
Rylanlaverick wrote:
Hey guys I’m currently running a 2017 Scott gambler 720. It’s an amazing bike that has taken some wild abuse, I love it but the fox 40 elite that’s on it is too soft and feels weird having a 500lbs in the rear after not finding any springs in Canada to fit the fork I’ve been leaning hard towards a fox factory 38 so I can throw some barspins and x up tricks. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible on the newer gamblers, only stuff I have seen around for the 2013

It is possible with a new lower cup that accommodates a tapered steerer.

Posted: May 18, 2022 at 6:53 Quote
SSBone wrote:
Rylanlaverick wrote:

It is possible with a new lower cup that accommodates a tapered steerer.

Correct,you need this kind of extended bottom headset cup to fit a larger bearing for tapered fork steerer :
https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-voltage-fr-headset-kit-2016-p336995
http://content.26in.fr/p/news/30157/46064.jpg

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 3:51 Quote
So I just got my new 910!tup

Anyone running a 220/223 disc in the rear? I'm intending to run it, but the adapter says 223 only..... Does that mean that adapter works for 223 only and not 220, which is fair.

Or does it imply your bike will explode in 1000 pieces of alu shrapnel when you stack a 20mm spacer on top?

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 2:38 Quote
What is the required torque setting for the rear axle on the 900 models?

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 3:27 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:

Actually I hardly cant find any torque settings? Most linkage bolts aren't marked either. Anyone has some torquespecs for linkage bolts and shock mounts?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 2:18 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

Actually I hardly cant find any torque settings? Most linkage bolts aren't marked either. Anyone has some torquespecs for linkage bolts and shock mounts?
Only a few torque specs are given in the bike manual where it is said "For all adjustments ensure thread-loc and correct torques are observed." Mummm...

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 2:44 Quote
The Gambler manual is rather minimal and the General manuals are more like boiler plate remarks.

They shockmounts are marked on the trunnion-end and the bottom bolt was mentioned in a line in the manual, so that is sorted. Previous gambler was 10Nm on the axle and the nut looks the same... So the same then?Very confused

But a proper exploded view with torque-settings should be part of the manual. They can't say for every simple bolt check you want to at the bikepark or races: go to your dealer.

There should exist a dealer instructions or manual for this kit: https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-swingarm-repair-kit-for-2020-gambler-p352802 Would like to see that.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:20 Quote
I fully agree ! Most bike brands give exploded views with torque settings. Maybe you should ask Scott Headquaters.
Is your bike mullet or full 29" ?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
I just got it and building up to my liking. For now on stock 29" wheels. Hopefully get it ready this weekend.

I got long legs so normally no issues with 29 rear wheel. But would like to test it once.

NB: the 2022 910 is shipped with a 10 speed KMC chain. That is just a bit to thick: noisy and finicky to get derailleur right. I exchanged it for the sram pc1130 which suits the SRAM gx 7 speed (designed for 11 speed chain) and now shifts better and runs more silent.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Hi guys this is my 2016 Gambler inspired by the Brendog new gen Gambler prototype.
Love the bike the only problem i have is the fox van r it has the original 350lbs spring i feel like it bottoms out really easily even with a fair amount of preload on the spring and i only wheigh about 70kg.
Is there onother option besides getting an heavier spring ?
Dont want to buy a new shock ...
Thanks.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Hi guys this is my 2016 Gambler inspired by the Brendog new gen Gambler prototype.
Love the bike the only problem i have is the fox van r it has the original 350lbs spring i feel like it bottoms out really easily even with a fair amount of preload on the spring and i only wheigh about 70kg.
Thanks.

The ONLY easy option is a heavier spring. Or you could retune shock with heavier weight oil. You never want more than 1 turn or preload. Otherwise you’re just destroying the small bump of the bike.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Blackmetalgoat wrote:
Thanks.

The ONLY easy option is a heavier spring. Or you could retune shock with heavier weight oil. You never want more than 1 turn or preload. Otherwise you’re just destroying the small bump of the bike.
Thanks for your answer , i have thought about rebuilding the shock with thicker oil , but it seems like the fox van r is under pressurized nitrogen so it cant be rebuilt at home

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012459
Mobile Version of Website