Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: May 28, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
Ok so im better of just buying a new spring .
So what spring should i get knowing that i run a fox van r that doesnt have compression adjustment.
I like to ride mostly urban freeride so a lot of flat landings, stairgaps hard landings in general ...
I want my bike to be able to take a 10ft drop to flat without bottoming hard (that drop does have a landing but it is small so it is really easy to overshoot it)
I wheigh about 70kg
Thanks for the help guys!

O+
Posted: May 30, 2022 at 2:54 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
I just got it and building up to my liking. For now on stock 29" wheels. Hopefully get it ready this weekend.

I got long legs so normally no issues with 29 rear wheel. But would like to test it once.

NB: the 2022 910 is shipped with a 10 speed KMC chain. That is just a bit to thick: noisy and finicky to get derailleur right. I exchanged it for the sram pc1130 which suits the SRAM gx 7 speed (designed for 11 speed chain) and now shifts better and runs more silent.
I had some tyre marks on my short with the full 29" configuration but not that much.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
Well the MD30 lasted about 10 runs until it rattled all loose on the rear. Luckily there was enough tension on some spokes left to not taco it. Noticed it at the bottom of a DH run.Facepalm

Time to consider a upgrade.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 2:07 Quote
I have been told that they are heavy but correct and require maintenance, maybe a problem with the spoke tensions during the mount.
A good opportunity to go to mullet !

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 2:42 Quote
so far I liked the 29ers, so FR1950 wheelset in 29 is on the way. Also heavy, but should last a while.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 21:08 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Well the MD30 lasted about 10 runs until it rattled all loose on the rear. Luckily there was enough tension on some spokes left to not taco it. Noticed it at the bottom of a DH run.Facepalm

Mine also let go of all spoke tension my first park day. Tightened them all up and I’ve done about 40k ft descending since then and they’re good.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 22:00 Quote
blensen wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

Mine also let go of all spoke tension my first park day. Tightened them all up and I’ve done about 40k ft descending since then and they’re good.

You do know after you build up your new wheels, after your first ride you always need to retention the wheels.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 19:04 Quote
Tripmo wrote:

You do know after you build up your new wheels, after your first ride you always need to retention the wheels.

These were the factory wheels. I had taken them out for a short ride and rechecked and everything was fine. First park day was the second ride, and they’ve been good since re-tension. Probably should have been taken them out for a longer shakedown, but hiking isn’t much fun.

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 4:18 Quote
There is a difference between between checking and tightening up the spokes after initial break-in, and needing to completely rebuild the wheel.
They did not loose some tension,but at least 10 spokes had zero tension left. The nipples where almost falling of the spoke thread, that kind of loose. Others where just low on tension, but basically it is the start situation like when you are starting building wheel from scratch again.

Anyway never had a factory wheel that came this loose, that quick.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 19:02 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
There is a difference between between checking and tightening up the spokes after initial break-in, and needing to completely rebuild the wheel.
They did not loose some tension,but at least 10 spokes had zero tension left. The nipples where almost falling of the spoke thread, that kind of loose. Others where just low on tension, but basically it is the start situation like when you are starting building wheel from scratch again.

Anyway never had a factory wheel that came this loose, that quick.

Yep same experience for me. 14-15 spokes loose after the first day with several that had come out of the nipple completely. I was shocked the rim wasn’t completely destroyed.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 23:59 Quote
I own a 710 2019 and I know it has been asked many times but , witch setup is the best?
Does the high and low setting on the shock affect the progresivity or just bb height?
And does the long chain stay makes it go better/faster on chunky and steep trails?
Witch set up for bikepark flow and steep jumps?
Witch set up for going fast over rough and steep trails?

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
I am going to look at 2018 Gambler 720.
The owner can't tell for sure what size it is. What's the best way to measure something and be sure it's Small ?
Is there a hidden sticker somewhere or a serial number ?

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 4:22 Quote
bigkuma wrote:
I am going to look at 2018 Gambler 720.
The owner can't tell for sure what size it is. What's the best way to measure something and be sure it's Small ?
Is there a hidden sticker somewhere or a serial number ?

Thanks!
Yes there is a letter(S,M or L) near the shock not sure if it is on the seat tube or downtube

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 4:51 Quote
Probably also a stamped number on the BB underside with a size letter. At least for 900 series that is true.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
Hello! I've been working on this project for the last 6 months and it's finally done Beer

Scott Gambler 710 2015 26 wheels bike park setup. Manitou Dorado 2022 Pro Fox Float x2 DT Swiss FR560 rims on Hope Tech 4 hubs Maxxis DHR 2 front and back with Tubolito inner tubes Hope 4 v4 brakes Hope Evo Crankset SB One G3C single speed setup.

Scott Gambler 710 2015 26 wheels bike park setup. Manitou Dorado 2022 Pro Fox Float x2 DT Swiss FR560 rims on Hope Tech 4 hubs Maxxis DHR 2 front and back with Tubolito inner tubes Hope 4 v4 brakes Hope Evo Crankset SB One G3C single speed setup.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016777
Mobile Version of Website