Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Author Message
Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
Thanks for replies about my size search. I still couldn't find the letter sticker, maybe it peeled?
I did find barcode on the bottom of the bottom bracket and sent it to Scott.
They replied in a few hours! Indeed, bike was listed as a small, but it was a medium.

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 2:09 Quote
I'm looking for a gambler 29 but I have some doubts about size.
I'm 170cm tall, a large size it's too big?

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
nevuz wrote:
I'm looking for a gambler 29 but I have some doubts about size.
I'm 170cm tall, a large size it's too big?

I'm 183 cm and I think the large fits me perfect. I personally would not want a bigger bike, at least unless you mainly ride really straight wide open stuff.

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
nevuz wrote:
I'm looking for a gambler 29 but I have some doubts about size.
I'm 170cm tall, a large size it's too big?

Hm. I’m 175cm

I have a medium 920 and a small 900 and a large V10.

The medium is perfect all around. The small 900 is dedicated to big air jump lines. My v10 is a completely different ride but it’s a sled. And awesome for everything but pretty big in the air.

If you’re getting it new get a medium. If you’re getting it hella cheap then a large will still be good for sledding.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
lance2012 wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone getting through shocks on 2020+ gamblers. I’ve been through 6 warranty Van RC’s. After finally being upgraded to a DHX2, which lasted longer, it’s now leaking oil and has done the same. All shocks have ended up with what I’d call a dead spot off the top and a loud, unbearable knocking. I’ve had nothing but issues with this frame. I wish I’d bought something else.
Hey, I´m a lightweight rider and already blew once my brand new 2022 dhx2 factory and the stock xfusion, and i only weight around 60kg, Probably its because the wheel travel vs shock length, it builds too much pressure and just happens, because i had the same issue on my trek session.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 21:36 Quote
The DHX2 leaks oil all by itself, it has a faulty o ring and when sent to warranty they replace the o ring with an identical one and just change/fill the oil. Search for someone that knows which different o ring goes there. I had mine serviced outside warranty and so far no more leaks. A friend had the same problem 2 years ago, and since the unofficial o ring was installed everything was ok.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 0:01 Quote
Kenth35 wrote:
Kersh wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:
I have a 2021 gambler tuned. I have problem with the rear suspension or triangel it has a slight rattel/movement( not the cable) replaced the bushings on the suspension did nohthing and it is really anoying help!!!

Me too, no idea how to solve it. Really slight knock in the suspension somewhere, also changed the bushings to no effect, brand new bike.
p

Well damn same problem

Any update on this problem? I'm looking at used Gamblers 2020-22 and this is concerning. Plus hearing of the x-fusion shock exploding during Vital's review of the bike. Is there a known issue, or issue with some unfortunate bikes that with a simple test I could look out for, or perhaps a solution?

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 4:01 Quote
immature-cheddar wrote:
Kenth35 wrote:
Kersh wrote:


Me too, no idea how to solve it. Really slight knock in the suspension somewhere, also changed the bushings to no effect, brand new bike.
p

Well damn same problem

Any update on this problem? I'm looking at used Gamblers 2020-22 and this is concerning. Plus hearing of the x-fusion shock exploding during Vital's review of the bike. Is there a known issue, or issue with some unfortunate bikes that with a simple test I could look out for, or perhaps a solution?

I have had zero issues with my 2020 alloy Gambler in the 2.5 seasons I've had it. Unfortunately I live pretty far from any good dh spots and have two small kids so I only get a handful of days on the big bike per year. Just wrapped up a trip to whistler with 8 days of hard bike abuse (pretty much only ride single and double black trails at pretty decent pace) and had no issues other than an annoying puncture..

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 4:13 Quote
I have so far no issue on my 22 aluminum model regarding those items. I put a cheap Fox Van on there to try coil, and that works fine.

Only real issues was the wheelset loosing all tension. So would advise to really check that if you get a new one prior first ride, and keep an eye on it the first runs. If it is a used one it the tension should be settled in by now.

My lowers on the Fox 40 Performance seem relatively noisy, have to see how that develops. And I have to check the cranks/bb because there is a creak and might be some grease required, or just dry pressed BB.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 16:14 Quote
Does anyone have the tune code off the Float X2 for the 2022 Float on their Gambler frame? should be a 4 digit code.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
zuestman wrote:
Does anyone have the tune code off the Float X2 for the 2022 Float on their Gambler frame? should be a 4 digit code.

Thanks!

Mine '22 910 came with a Float X, but maybe it helps:

Description: 2022, FLOAT X, P-Se, A, LSC, LSR, Trunnion, Evol LV, Scott, Gambler,
225, 75, 0.2 Spacer, CM, RM, Rezi LM, YS-728 Matte_Stealth/YS-728 Matte_Stealth, Neutral Logo

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 3:37 Quote
Hello

I have become owner of 2022 Gambler 910. Ready to rebuild it as I wish (almost completely).

First thing I want to change is rear shock - air to coil. I will use Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate coil instead of that Air shock Fox Float X PE. I tried to unscrew trunnion bolts and I have noticed there are no washers/spacer etc. between frame and shock. Is this normal? It seemed to me that frame is too much "working" towards the shock (like bending). But I am not sure if something supposed to be there, because unfortunately Scott does not provide any parts list, or drawing with their bikes. Which is a shame, because I would like to order few stuff. That manual they got on their website is not much..

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 5:39 Quote
Woko-O wrote:
Hello

I have become owner of 2022 Gambler 910. Ready to rebuild it as I wish (almost completely).

First thing I want to change is rear shock - air to coil. I will use Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate coil instead of that Air shock Fox Float X PE. I tried to unscrew trunnion bolts and I have noticed there are no washers/spacer etc. between frame and shock. Is this normal? It seemed to me that frame is too much "working" towards the shock (like bending). But I am not sure if something supposed to be there, because unfortunately Scott does not provide any parts list, or drawing with their bikes. Which is a shame, because I would like to order few stuff. That manual they got on their website is not much..
There should be a washer/spacer in between. Mine 2022 910 has that. Kind of finicky to get in with the shock. It should come with the bike.

There is better manual out there for 2020 introduction year it called "2020 gambler tech book". "The linkage mount is a bearing type (61800 2RS) with the addition of a trunnion spacer, this is only available as part of the Swingarm rep kit. 276478 - SCO Swingarm rep kit Gambler 20"

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/swingarm_repair_kit_for_2020_gambler-2147

I would measure it and put a washer in between, as long as you dont squeeze/bend the stuff together.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
Hmm. Where can I get this tech book?

Anyway, there are spacers down the shock, of course, but right at the trunnion bolts in a upper part, it seems to be only bolt going through bearing and directly to shock thread. That's surprised me a little. If I don't get the proper washer I will get standard one from hardware store..

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 6:37 Quote
Woko-O wrote:
Hmm. Where can I get this tech book?

Anyway, there are spacers down the shock, of course, but right at the trunnion bolts in a upper part, it seems to be only bolt going through bearing and directly to shock thread. That's surprised me a little. If I don't get the proper washer I will get standard one from hardware store..

yes as I quoted: the upper linkage bolts need a spacer between the trunnion and the bearing.

You can ask your scott dealer they should have access to those files.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007981
Mobile Version of Website