Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 3:43 Quote
Jacobrjett wrote:
How are you guys finding the different travel setups?

I still have mine at 7.5 inches (with the slack head angle)

You guys reckon I should change it to 8.3 or even 9.5" travel? I like riding fast down technical, rooty/rocky steeps, and I like railing berms... I am not much of a jumper anymore though

But on the other hand, I also like riding up the local hill climbs... Maybe I will just leave it at 7.5.

I dont really want to change it for seperate uses though, as I dont want the bike to handle differently because I wont be able to predict what my bikes going to do as much.

i use mine in 9.5, soaks up everything you throw in its way, if you like riding up hill just put it in 7.5 when you go up take a tool and change it for when you head down? ive tried the bikes in all settings and 9.5 feels the best!

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 10:12 Quote
I run mine in the 8.4 inch setting that it come as standard , apparently you are supposed to change spring rates for each travel setting according to the scott manual.
Though I am considering changing it to 9.5 this weekend as I will riding a particulary rough track

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 18:04 Quote
Don't you guys even consider that changing the travel is going to alter the bikes behaviour?

As in, you wouldn't want to run your bike with 7.5" of travel one day and then 9.5" of travel the next because apart from the change in suspension feel and wheel path you will have lower/higher bottom brackets/centre of gravity, and to some extent change the head angle too...

I am wondering if I would benefit enough from permanently changing to 8.3" travel to overshadow what I will lose in climbing ability. Smile I don't like the idea of changing the way my bike behaves for different situations! the closest I get to that, is cranking the low speed compression up drastically when I am climbing. I like to think I know what my bike is going to do if I hit particular berm, root, or rock at particular speed, rather then hoping it will go well.

Does anyone know where to read on the intended purposes of the different travel settings? for example, is the 8.3" the ideal downhill rate and 9.5" the hucking rate or vice versa? I am more then likely going to leave my bike at 7.5" though, unless I get a bigger fork, if I get a bigger fork maybe some fox 40's I will probably change to 9.5"

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 18:05 Quote
mine is in 9.5 too. Best setting for my local track.

Definitely more sensitive.

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 18:07 Quote
fabe wrote:

What fork are you running up front? head angle?

edit: nevermind, just saw the blue one was yours. How does the boxxer fork ride on the frame?

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 18:10 Quote
Jacobrjett wrote:
fabe wrote:

What fork are you running up front? head angle?

Boxxer rc - head angle -> DH position

With the right setting It works great! lighter than the domain dc which made the front very heavy.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 2:10 Quote
I bumped my bike from 7.5" to 9.5" today.

Wow, just riding around the street, it feels like I have like 3 times as much travel. Bike feels like it has a lot more personality now too if that makes sense.

I was just mucking around at first but I don't think I will change it back.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 2:28 Quote
Jacobrjett wrote:
I bumped my bike from 7.5" to 9.5" today.

Wow, just riding around the street, it feels like I have like 3 times as much travel. Bike feels like it has a lot more personality now too if that makes sense.

I was just mucking around at first but I don't think I will change it back.

told you you would like it!

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 2:33 Quote
Best setting for rought track!

I tried the fr front angle last weekend but definitely prefer the DH.

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 2:33 Quote
bigburd wrote:
My gambler after the best clean it s likely to ever get

nice!

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 9:02 Quote
Hi guys!

I would have a question. I'd like to buy a gambler frame, and like to use some staff from my old nitrous 10, ut my nitrous is medium size, and I know that from the gambler only made "short" and "long" version. I'm 178cm toll (I think that is almost 6 ft) so which is the best for me? short or long?

Cheers
Greg

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 9:26 Quote
Gor for the long mate , they call it a long but I find it lines up bewteen medium and large when compared to other bikes

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 9:29 Quote
Thanks mate!!!!!!

bigburd wrote:
Gor for the long mate , they call it a long but I find it lines up bewteen medium and large when compared to other bikes

Posted: Feb 25, 2012 at 1:11 Quote
how much does a gambler frame weigh?

I really want to build a new wheelset and try lose some weight on my bike! im wondering what kind of realistic weight im gonna be looking at. i guess my totems are quite light at 2800 grams roughly and I have a moderately heavy wheelset...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035922
Mobile Version of Website