Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
I really like the 40 after getting it dialed in. With that said I really had no complaints about the boxxer, it is a really great fork. Just got a good deal on the fox and wanted to have matching suspension and to me the X2 is amazing.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 2:00 Quote
Hi guys

I am looking at getting a gambler and have been offered a 2014 at a good deal but as it is a 2014 frame it is the 26" model. The bike comes with 27.5" wheels and as quite a lot of you have converted your 26" to 27.5" I was wondering if it is possible to run the bigger wheels with the chain stay in the short setting as I really would like to try this setting out for certain tracks in the uk.

Cheers adam.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 3:00 Quote
OzMike wrote:
ridermark wrote:
Hey guys just looking at getting a gambler not sure what size to go for though, I'm 5ft 10 roughly. Usually I go for medium bikes but wondered if these are a funny size?

I'm just on 6ft and have a large, though in my opinion Gamblers are quite a long bike and often thought I could try a medium.
Having said that, the Gamblers a DH sled, not a nimble trail bike, so things are meant to be quite roomy.
Ive had 3 dh bikes - Norco Team DH, Kona Operator and Trek Session. The Gambler is by far the most stable at speed.

I'm 5 ft 7 and I ride a large. Buy a large if you're 5ft 10.

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 9:56 Quote
Hey gang here is my Gambler 20. Few upgrades and tune ups from stock, ready for another BC summer in the park.

Anyone else have issue with the Fox 40 axle being super soft and starting to strip with a hex key?

photo

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
josmith wrote:
Hey gang here is my Gambler 20. Few upgrades and tune ups from stock, ready for another BC summer in the park.

Anyone else have issue with the Fox 40 axle being super soft and starting to strip with a hex key?

photo

I've noticed this on mine.
Only thing I do to avoid it is make sure Im using a long hex/allen key so that it won't slip out as easily.

Really hope I never have to replace it, cheapest Ive seen an axle for is $80 Aus. :-S

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
OzMike wrote:
josmith wrote:

photo

I've noticed this on mine.
Only thing I do to avoid it is make sure Im using a long hex/allen key so that it won't slip out as easily.

Really hope I never have to replace it, cheapest Ive seen an axle for is $80 Aus. :-S

This happened to mine a few years ago, if it gets stuck you can just hammer a torx in there and use that, only if it gets stuck and the head is rounded. (I know yours isn't but just a pointer)

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 3:30 Quote
Got my Gambler back together ready for the bike park this weekend. Cant wait !

Fitted:
Hope Tech3 e4's with floating discs
Charger damper upgrade
Rockshox R2C rear damper
Zee crankset
Respray and new decals

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
Your chain seems way too short, you will probably rip out everything if you bottom out on that grear.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
Eneite wrote:
Your chain seems way too short, you will probably rip out everything if you bottom out on that grear.

Yeah i agree, i never ride in that gear and have lost the spare links so not got much choice! I would be more upset about snapping the chain than destroying the rear mech as its useless !

O+
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
Do all 2016 Scott Gamblers have knocking sound from the back end ?
If so, how bad is it ?
I like a quiet bike, should this stop me from buying one ?
Thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2017 at 23:54 Quote
You mean the chain agaisnt the frame?
I had some velcro on mine (only the female part) and it's super silent now.
Like this (mine is the left one)

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 2:01 Quote
My friends comment on how quiet mine is... The chain-rubber-protector thingie is very effective and soft, there is just a ~1cm bit just at the end, by the cassette that isn't protected and it is easy to put some sugru or velcro there

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
Tuck the gear cable housing under the axle bolt.

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 23:07 Quote
My 2016 is just about silent, cant fault it

O+
Posted: May 14, 2017 at 8:07 Quote
spicy1 wrote:
Do all 2016 Scott Gamblers have knocking sound from the back end ?
If so, how bad is it ?
I like a quiet bike, should this stop me from buying one ?
Thanks in advance.

I had a mysterious clunk on mine last season. Only really heard it when going through rock gardens where the rear end was really active. Silent off the jumps and more mellow bumps and such.

That chain is definitely too short. The Gambler has a ton of chain growth. Almost lost my rear mech, too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019923
Mobile Version of Website