Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
steve45 wrote:
zukic wrote:
how difficult is it to service the rear shock and links on the gambler?

im not sure which part of rear shock is squeaking like crazy but its quite annoying... maybe its one of the links.. i really dont know..

i just want to grease it all up ...

easy to do or should i take it to the shop?
Shock eyelet bushings? last time i experienced creaking on my 13 gambler, thats what it ended up being,10 minute job if it is. Most of the bearings are pretty tough and loads seem to be well balanced and in my experience dont tend to die often. However if a set of bearing do go it tends to be the main pivot bearings, those are pretty easy, 30 minute job. The smaller linkage bearings have always been a massive pain in the ass for me, not difficult but often dont want to budge.

Do all you can to keep your pivot hardware intact, all of the Alu bolts are quite brittle, a replacement set will put you back £130 for the entire rear end kit...

not really sure what shock eyelet bushings are?

130 quid... rather avoid having to pay that if possible!

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
zukic wrote:
ok cool... thanks for the info

is there any particular order i should undo the bolts?
jus wondering if its possible to undo 1 link keeping everything in tact ... grease it all up.. put it back together.. then undo another link...
is it this a case of everything has to come off at once?

Sure, you could do it that way. No particular order really. I would first remove the rear shock and then service them one by one. It's just as easy to remove them all at once too though.

Take some pictures with your phone before you take it apart if you are worried about putting it back together correctly.

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
zukic wrote:

https://www.tftuned.com/push-low-friction-bushing/p3108
I fitted these a couple of months back, seem to be working a treat. come as one pair, need two pairs for one shock.

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
a-prince wrote:
zukic wrote:
ok cool... thanks for the info

is there any particular order i should undo the bolts?
jus wondering if its possible to undo 1 link keeping everything in tact ... grease it all up.. put it back together.. then undo another link...
is it this a case of everything has to come off at once?

Sure, you could do it that way. No particular order really. I would first remove the rear shock and then service them one by one. It's just as easy to remove them all at once too though.

Take some pictures with your phone before you take it apart if you are worried about putting it back together correctly.

sounds easy enough... ill take a good look at the links and take pics, make sure i understand exactly how its put together...
ive got some time before my next ride so i dont have to rush it

slow and steady... ill let you know how it goes

thanks for your help Cool

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 15:43 Quote
steve45 wrote:
zukic wrote:

https://www.tftuned.com/push-low-friction-bushing/p3108
I fitted these a couple of months back, seem to be working a treat. come as one pair, need two pairs for one shock.

sweet thanks.. ill keep these in mind when i take the links off
if theyre damaged ill look at buying these

cheers! Beer

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 17:31 Quote
gambler love........

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 22:11 Quote
Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my bottom bracket and potentially cranks. What are you running?

I am having difficulty finding a bb with a 83mm shell with a 30mm spindle.

This is the info that I could find for the stock drivetrain specs:

Chainguard: e*thirteen LG-1 ISCG05 with Taco
Cranks: Truvativ Ruktion 1.0 165mm
Chainring: 36 Tooth
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ HowitzerTM 83mm Shell

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 15:56 Quote
CgDeans wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my bottom bracket and potentially cranks. What are you running?

Thanks!

Love my saint cranks! I can't feel any flex. I have raceface on my Norco range and the difference is very noticable.

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 16:12 Quote
CgDeans wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

+ 1 for Saints. Cant recall what bb Im running but the cranks are freaking great.
Have a good shop around, Saint cranks can be found on sale at a decent discount if you look hard enough

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 19:10 Quote
ThunderChuck & OzMike:

Much appreciated lads. Funny you both suggested the Saint crankset, over the past 24hrs I am pretty much set on the Saint.

If I'm correct, I'll need to source the Saint BB, as well, given that it's a 24mm spindle.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 22:02 Quote
CgDeans wrote:
ThunderChuck & OzMike:

Much appreciated lads. Funny you both suggested the Saint crankset, over the past 24hrs I am pretty much set on the Saint.

If I'm correct, I'll need to source the Saint BB, as well, given that it's a 24mm spindle.

Do you want mine? I'm in the process of swapping my 2011 gambler parts to a 2015 gambler frame. My new frame has a different bottom bracket so I don't need the one from my old frame. Send me a pm if you're interested. I just noticed you're in Vancouver. So am I! Makes things easier...

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2017 at 20:17 Quote
Just picked up my bike from the shop! Frame swap complete. I love the new frame. Huge difference. Went from a short frame (smaller than an Xs) to a medium. The longer length feels way better. Rear end is unbelievably plush on these new designs. At first I was worried about the blue seat and white wheels but I think it looks ok. Not great, black would be better but I can live with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/Thunder_Chunk/20170805_170309_zpsygjiwrki.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/Thunder_Chunk/20160814_142251_zpsgvd7qrzy.jpg

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
OzMike wrote:
josmith wrote:
With out sifting through the whole thread.

Any one had issues with the headset bearings on the Gambler 720 2014? Mine could do with replacement.
Who's done this? What bearings did you use?
Any links appreciated.
Cheers

720 is the 27.5 wheel version yeah?
I've got the 26 inch gambler, 2013/14 model, can find reference to bearing on page 77 of this thread, if not, Ive seen a few bearing kits on eBay, bike24.de etc.
(Just not sure if bearings changed with wheel size - fyi, I found that main pivot bearing a b--tch! to get out, but Im mechanically stupid)

No 26" will have a look see what i can find. thanks

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 7:51 Quote
My 2015 710 is making so much noise so I wanted to get new bearings but I can't figure out how to get the linkage apart please help!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.072742
Mobile Version of Website