Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
Hmmm...you just need Allen keys. I can't remember off the top of my head maybe a 6 or 8mm? You will need two of the same Allen key to remove one set.

Other than that all you need to do is turn the wrenches counter clockwise. Remove the rear shock first.

If your bearings are really shot maybe some penetrating fluid?

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
Ok thanks so much I'll try it!!

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
Quinnspinkbike wrote:
My 2015 710 is making so much noise so I wanted to get new bearings but I can't figure out how to get the linkage apart please help!!

The main 'big bolt' linkage or the smaller ones?

With the big bolt you need a chamferless socket and a 10mm allen key. That thing is damn tight.

I ended up using some vice grips instead of a socket. Just have to be damn careful you dont strip it.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 18:29 Quote
Anyone have a float x2 on their gambler? I can't figure out the compression. I'm running it way stiffer than recommended and it's still bottoming out when it shouldn't. My dhx rc4 performed better.

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 20:32 Quote
It's an air shock... Nuff said

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 7:18 Quote
What is your weight? What pressure you running? How many spacers?

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 8:20 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:

Spacers I have no idea. With gear I'm about 155. Running 165 psi which gives me 30% sag. HSC is 16 and LSC is 18.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

Spacers I have no idea. With gear I'm about 155. Running 165 psi which gives me 30% sag. HSC is 16 and LSC is 18.

18 from open or closed? If that's from open that is WAY too much compression damping for that spring rate. You should be at the other end of the range, 15-18 from closed. I would check for volume spacers and also is there a custom tune on that shock or is it stock for a Gambler? If it's a used shock maybe it was tuned for a different bike. I rode a Gambler with a stock X2 a few times last year and when setup to 30% sag I never fully bottomed it, even casing a few doubles.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 17:41 Quote
gramboh wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

18 from open or closed? If that's from open that is WAY too much compression damping for that spring rate. You should be at the other end of the range, 15-18 from closed. I would check for volume spacers and also is there a custom tune on that shock or is it stock for a Gambler? If it's a used shock maybe it was tuned for a different bike. I rode a Gambler with a stock X2 a few times last year and when setup to 30% sag I never fully bottomed it, even casing a few doubles.

It is from full closed. I'm really not sure if it was the shock that came with the frame or if the orevious ownerput it on himself. I bought the frame and shock together. He had it setup a bit weird, 12 clicks from full closed and LSC full open. I bottomed out just doing B Line running the recommended setting. Maybe I need volume spacers?

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 10:43 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anyone have a float x2 on their gambler? I can't figure out the compression. I'm running it way stiffer than recommended and it's still bottoming out when it shouldn't. My dhx rc4 performed better.

Put some air volume spacers in it to make it more progressive so it's soft in the beginning and hardens up but still the bike is so linear that it's going to be hard to make it progressive unless they come out with their new bike soon.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 6:18 Quote
Quinnspinkbike wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

Put some air volume spacers in it to make it more progressive so it's soft in the beginning and hardens up but still the bike is so linear that it's going to be hard to make it progressive unless they come out with their new bike soon.
Looked up some reviews and they recommend 8 to 11 spacers for the gambler. Seemed a bit much to me but I guess like you said the suspension design is pretty linear. This shock came with the frame from factory, shouldn't it be tuned for the gambler?

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 15:53 Quote
The air shocks can't really be tuned Amy differently than a stock one fox has recommend settings for the amount of air you can put it and sets it up perfect

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 17:49 Quote
So on the main pivot I undid the bolt but now I can't get it out I tried to use a hammer to tap it out but it's stuck am I doing it wrong please help!!!

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
Eneite wrote:
Stoooooooked!!! Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

Already rode it in Champéry last weekend, this thing is fast!

Hi, please tell more of deraileur hanger and XO cage length... and... and... does it *SRAM make it lil‘ more silent? What rear hub you use, original DT? Thanks in advance!

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 19:22 Quote
Anyone know what freehub body comes on the 2017 Gambler 720?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020261
Mobile Version of Website