Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 19:51 Quote
SeanPep wrote:
Anyone know what freehub body comes on the 2017 Gambler 720?

Wtf

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 20:12 Quote
mollow wrote:
SeanPep wrote:
Anyone know what freehub body comes on the 2017 Gambler 720?

Wtf

What? Freehub... freewheel... whatever it's called. The thing that the cassette is attached too. Mine is messed up and I would like to replace it. I'm ordering the tools to do so but would like to order what I need all together.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
If Im reading this properly the freehub is dependent on if you use shimano or sram cassettes?
Also depends on the brand of your hub - hope, chris king, etc.
(Im not mechanically minded, this was just a big guess on my part.)
Maybe take a photo of the part your trying to replace and we can help from there?

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 6:32 Quote
It's a stock 2017 Scott Gambler 720. All I know is the cassette is the SRAM PG-720 GX DH 7. I don't have the tools to get that off yet so I'm not sure what the freebody hub is. Just looking at Jenson... there are about 9 different SRAM freebody hubs so I was just seeing if anyone know what specific one it is.

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 7:36 Quote
Its either sram XD or Shimano. In your case that would be Sram XD

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
AxelF wrote:
Eneite wrote:
Stoooooooked!!! Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

Already rode it in Champéry last weekend, this thing is fast!

Hi, please tell more of deraileur hanger and XO cage length... and... and... does it *SRAM make it lil‘ more silent? What rear hub you use, original DT? Thanks in advance!

Hey, I never ran it on Shimano drivetrain so I can't relate. But it's very silent this way (I also using a Raceface N/W chainring and I added some thick velcro on the frame).
Here is the velcro from the ouside, on the left:
photo

And here is it from the inside, on the right:
photo

I'm using the Scott/Sram hanger which is provided in the plastic bag when you bought your bike, I'm runing the medium X01 derailleur cage (the chainstay growth of the Gambler is too big to use the short one) and I have the original DT rear hub, but with the Sram XD adaptator (this one : https://www.bike-components.de/fr/DT-Swiss/Freilaufkoerper-SRAM-XD-fuer-XX1-X01-Ratchet-System-p33263/ )

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 1:52 Quote
Eneite wrote:
AxelF wrote:
Eneite wrote:
Stoooooooked!!! Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

Hi, please tell more of deraileur hanger and XO cage length... and... and... does it *SRAM make it lil‘ more silent? What rear hub you use, original DT? Thanks in advance!

Hey, I never ran it on Shimano drivetrain so I can't relate. But it's very silent this way (I also using a Raceface N/W chainring and I added some thick velcro on the frame).
photo

photo

I'm using the Scott/Sram hanger which is provided in the plastic bag when you bought your bike, I'm runing the medium X01 derailleur cage (the chainstay growth of the Gambler is too big to use the short one) and I have the original DT rear hub, but with the Sram XD adaptator (this one : https://www.bike-components.de/fr/DT-Swiss/Freilaufkoerper-SRAM-XD-fuer-XX1-X01-Ratchet-System-p33263/ )

Cheers!

Thanks mate,
I had bad experience experiencing SRAM on my previous Gambler with broken hangers, and horizontal alignment adjustment screw when I tried to make it quiet. Played with short cage and medium with not much of result.
Derailleur hanger I found, thanks for this as well!

I spend a night around my bike thinking, and figured another way to make it quiet, needs a little modifying.
You‘ll see soon!

Your own a really nice bike I have to tell!

Cheers,
Alex

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Eneite wrote:
AxelF wrote:
Eneite wrote:
Stoooooooked!!! Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Cheers!

What are your compression settings on the x2? I can't figure the stupid thing out.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
AxelF wrote:
Thanks mate,
I had bad experience experiencing SRAM on my previous Gambler with broken hangers, and horizontal alignment adjustment screw when I tried to make it quiet. Played with short cage and medium with not much of result.
Derailleur hanger I found, thanks for this as well!

I spend a night around my bike thinking, and figured another way to make it quiet, needs a little modifying.
You‘ll see soon!

Your own a really nice bike I have to tell!

Cheers,
Alex
If you were using a short cage it's normal to break the hanger. Medium should be allright! No problem with mine.
Add the thick velcro if you want to make it quiet. Wink
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://music4less.net/4less/products/8B24DFB5215944CF8848D8B9324C5AB7.ashx.png
(only use the female part)

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:31 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
What are your compression settings on the x2? I can't figure the stupid thing out.
All settings from close to open (so start to close everything first):

High Speed Compression : 14
Low Speed Compression : 14

High Speed Rebound : 15
Low Speed Rebound : 13

Pressure : 165psi (my weight is 62kg)

It's more for rough DH than for jumping (but it does the job).
Have fun !

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
Eneite wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
All settings from close to open (so start to close everything first):

High Speed Compression : 14
Low Speed Compression : 14

High Speed Rebound : 15
Low Speed Rebound : 13

Pressure : 165psi (my weight is 62kg)

It's more for rough DH than for jumping (but it does the job).
Have fun !

Thanks! I thought I was way off by running the compression firmer than reccomended but seems we ended up at the same settings.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
I am pretty sure the sram gx drivetrain (namely cassette) uses a standard (now referred to as shimano) freehub body. Easy way to tell is how many teeth is on the smallest cog. If it is 11 it is shimano, if less then xd

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 6:32 Quote
Hi all , someone mount 26" fox 40 kashima whit 27,5 weels on his gambler ?
if yes how much space there is between weel and fork ?
many thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 17:35 Quote
trust111 wrote:
many thanks

Don't do it. It's not safe.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 23:51 Quote
trust111 wrote:
many thanks
Didnt work for me, tryed it with a 27,5 x 2.35 Magic Mary from one of my mates bikes just to see if it would fit, wheel would fit in with axle mounted no problem but tyre was touching arch and would not rotate.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020188
Mobile Version of Website