Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
Hey guys I've been riding my Scott gambler 2014 for 4 years now, its not broken and welds look correct.Do you know the life expectancy of this frame? I weight 150lbs/ 70 kg.I don't want to have a broken frame while riding and have a serious injurie.Thanks
some video and photos of my Scott!

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
Hi,
On a well design aluminium DH frame, lifespan is usually around 7 years.
I would say you can still use it safely for 2 more years.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
what spring rate is everyone running in the rear? i’m 6’4” 210lb and i’m in the stock 350lb spring and it seems to be sitting into the travel a lot.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 22:43 Quote
jsenoauex wrote:
what spring rate is everyone running in the rear? i’m 6’4” 210lb and i’m in the stock 350lb spring and it seems to be sitting into the travel a lot.

350 is way too light for you. That's what I was running before I switched to air. I weigh 155 lbs.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 4:57 Quote
jsenoauex wrote:

I'm 190lb and was running a 500# spring on my 16 Gambler. Probably could have used a 450#, but wanted to keep it a bit stiff for big landings off drops and jumps.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
jsenoauex wrote:

I'm 250lbs and run either a 450lb or 500lb depending on the trails and style of riding.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 8:59 Quote
jsenoauex wrote:

I'm 160 and I have the stock 300 but it's soft. I like big jump and drop so i'll try at least a 350 or 400.

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 8:21 Quote
Anyone know of any websites where I can buy a new spring for a gambler? Preferably British websites so the shipping doesn't cost a tonne... But either way I just want/need a firmer spring now really, so I'm not massively fussed on postage costs.

Cheers! Smile

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 8:37 Quote
motorcrosser12 wrote:
Anyone know of any websites where I can buy a new spring for a gambler? Preferably British websites so the shipping doesn't cost a tonne... But either way I just want/need a firmer spring now really, so I'm not massively fussed on postage costs.

Cheers! Smile

Try the likes of TF Tuned, they stock most sizes of the springs. I got mine is the sale last year for about £20 plus delivery.

You could also try the buy and sell sections, sometimes they have springs for sale.

Where abouts in UK are you and what weight spring are you looking for??

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 8:48 Quote
Trem wrote:
motorcrosser12 wrote:

Cheers! Smile

Try the likes of TF Tuned, they stock most sizes of the springs. I got mine is the sale last year for about £20 plus delivery.

You could also try the buy and sell sections, sometimes they have springs for sale.

Awesome thanks! I'm sort of half in Cheltenham and half in plymouth due to uni. My current spring is at 450... but i dunno, it doesn't feel firm enough for me. I was thinking of trying out a 500?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 23:26 Quote
motorcrosser12 wrote:
Trem wrote:
motorcrosser12 wrote:

Cheers! Smile

Awesome thanks! I'm sort of half in Cheltenham and half in plymouth due to uni. My current spring is at 450... but i dunno, it doesn't feel firm enough for me. I was thinking of trying out a 500?

Maybe try a nukeproof spring. They are very affordable on chain reaction.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
Hello,

I have a Scott gambler 710 2014, i’ve heard somewhere that with the frame from 2013/2014 there is a small deffirence in the progressivitie of the linkage when you set it in the high/low bb settings, is that wright or does some one now more about that ?

Thank you very much !!!!????

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 22:55 Quote
Hello i am new here, i am from Patagonia Argentina, and i have recently bought a Scott Gambler dh10 put new parts etc. and some work still to do on her. hope you like it .

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

This is where i ride, Bariloche, Argentina:

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

pd: sorry is this are too many pics, i just wanted you to know how beutyful is here. Greetings

O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 22:59 Quote
Looks fresh!! What grips are those?

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 23:25 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Looks fresh!! What grips are those?

Thank you!! those are Rizoma motorcycle ones (Ducatti use them) Big Grin i have never seen no one using motorcicle parts like this anywhere and i can say they have the same diameter to fit DH handlebars.

https://www.modmybike.in/rizoma-handlebar-grips-red-online-india.html

you can also just buy the tips . those gives you a wider handlebar. like one inch each side.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018018
Mobile Version of Website