Raw / Polished - Bikes & Frames - No paint allowed

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Raw / Polished - Bikes & Frames - No paint allowed
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
Looks cool with the silver rims.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 3:47 Quote
nice to see another bottlerocket in here and alive and well! i really love the gold decals

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 0:40 Quote
Nitromors, wire wool, toothbrush, 12 pairs of disposable gloves and a jar of sivero polish, great results

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
Very nice!

How long did it take you?

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:11 Quote
Tempted to do this with my Ripmo AF...

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
the frame looks great!

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
tall-martin wrote:
Very nice!

How long did it take you?

Around 4 hours to strip and scrape and about an hour to polish up, totally worth it

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
the frame looks great!
Thanks, alu really comes out nice

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Tempted to do this with my Ripmo AF...
Make sure and get some good stripper my spray stripper was shit so picked up nitromors and that did the job ????

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 12:44 Quote
Hi. I'm thinking of making a frame into raw finish. How do you guys do it? Will paint stripper affect the frame strength/heat treatment.
What is the best way to polish it afterwards?
Thanks.

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
frednewton wrote:
Hi. I'm thinking of making a frame into raw finish. How do you guys do it? Will paint stripper affect the frame strength/heat treatment.
Thanks.

You can do it with paint stripper, but its pretty time consuming, it shouldn't hurt the frame. Media blasting is quicker, but costs. Once stripped use varying grades of wet and dry from 1200 up to 2500 depending on what finish you want. I used Silvo wadding to polish. If you want a good finish it's a fair amount of work.

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 9:19 Quote
commental wrote:
frednewton wrote:
Thanks.

You can do it with paint stripper, but its pretty time consuming, it shouldn't hurt the frame. Media blasting is quicker, but costs. Once stripped use varying grades of wet and dry from 1200 up to 2500 depending on what finish you want. I used Silvo wadding to polish. If you want a good finish it's a fair amount of work.

Silvo is amazing stuff, pretty much the best advice for a polished look.

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
Finally did it, thanks to everyone for the tips

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
Finally did it, thanks to everyone for the tips

looks amazing .

A french youtuber did the same on the same frame a few months ago, and I think it looks really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OplF5z4u-Q&t=150s&ab_channel=Francoisluberondurocrew

I m thinking of polishing my slash too.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv23 0.009020
Mobile Version of Website