Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 19:41 Quote
sethius wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/21847759/

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 22:48 Quote
Stanton Switch9er Ti

Posted: Jan 1, 2022 at 12:37 Quote
Banshee Spitfire V3

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 8:59 Quote
Sorry in advance for the photo train. Got new frame/fork graphics from Stikrd, along with a Litespeed Ti seatpost. Planning to swap to a silver chainring in the future since the current one isn't quite the right shade of blue.

New Stikrd graphics and Litespeed Ti seatpost for the Cachet

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
Had the opportunity to strip a brand new 2021 Transition Patrol, and oh boy it was a process.

I really wanted a raw frame but the limited stock on Transition's webpage made things interesting. After refreshing the page for a few days I was able to snag a medium blue frame. Felt like I won the lottery but had to pay 2300 to play tup

In the meantime I gathered the materials to strip the paint.
-Aircraft paint remover
-Scotch bright pads, red and green
-Wire brushes
-Assortment of sand paper
-Elbow grease, and lots of it

The aircraft remover was scary to work with, the fumes made me feel like I was fighting for my life. I had a decent size fan blowing fresh air into my work zone, and after thinking how the hell I can distance myself from the application process I ended up taping a trawl and a rag onto the end of a ski pole for that extra distance. Worked like a charm.

The paint remover works best if you just glob it on and all over and wait a couple hours then repeat. Took about 3-4 applications in areas that didn't get touched or were thickly covered with paint. Used about 2/3 of the metal bottle, more then I anticipated.

Wiped down, then rinsed in the shower while sanding with 400 grit. Turned out great. The coarse wire brush helped rid those small paint spots on the welds. I went over the bike with 320? to scratch it up and have the messed up RAW look I was intending for, turn out amazing! Thankful for winter break and contracting covid since I was "isolating" in the garage building this bad boy up for hours on end, but that's nothing new:P. Here are lots of pictures of the build, which is what I look for in forum posts, ENJOY!

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 12:28 Quote
Nice work!! Love the red ano with it too!!

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 13:18 Quote
Looks rawesome. The close up of the paint turning to goo brings back memories. Solid sock sandal game too

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 22:50 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Nice work!! Love the red ano with it too!!

Thanks!! Totally dig the red, it is exactly what I envisioned. Also on a wait list for a red bomber 58. Can't wait! That ANVL stem is probably my favorite for aesthetics, not a bad price either.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 22:56 Quote
splayleg wrote:
Looks rawesome. The close up of the paint turning to goo brings back memories. Solid sock sandal game too

It was a cool experience, but man I don't want to ever deal with those fumes again. My girlfriend loves it when I wear that out in public lol

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 23:23 Quote
Silver Cascade link arrived today and it's magnificent!! The bike is fully raw now, can't wait to see how this performs.

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 8:05 Quote
All that hard work paid off!
Looks badass.

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
The most updated pictures of polished bikes I currently own:
Giant Trance: I get to ride this about 50% of the time (she's polished but it doesn't seem obvious from the picture)
Last upgrades I hope Shimano Zee Brakes Fox DPX2 shock Maxxis Minion DHR II Double Down rear tire

Turner DHR: My favorite bike but sadly, I have not been riding her at all (chromed)

Sinister Angus: probably the unicorn of my stable. Also never used. LOL
New tires new pedals new cranks. Travel set at 100 mm. Wheels trued.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019618
Mobile Version of Website