Bike Check- DJ/Street/Park/Bmx- READ FIRST POST!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Bike Check- DJ/Street/Park/Bmx- READ FIRST POST!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
This is not another whore your bike thread. This is a thread for discussing bike setups, posting reviews, and posting your ride and spec list.You are supposed to actually talk about the parts how they feel what you have ridden and liked/disliked, not post your build/plans. If you aren't up to exercise some writing skills, dont bother. Oh yeah, dont quote the checks directly unless you snip the pics and paragraphs, otherwise the pages will go by way to quick. Look below for a proper "bike check". feel free to write even more, include more pictures and even a video if you would like.

#BANS bookgoof #BANS

#MODS henry-turner #MODS

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
My Bike Check

2011 Dobermann Pinscher

Final 2012 Setup Frame 2011 Dobermann Pinscher 26 in matte blood red 21.5 tt Fork 2010 Fox 831 non kashmia at 100mm Seat Eclat Padded Complex in black 2010 Atomlab superlight wheel set with titanium spokes. Crank Arms Profile BMX 175mm in chrome Spindle Profile BMX titanium 48 spline Sprocket Profile spline drive 25t in black Bb Deity Outboard Bearing euro in black 19m Chain KMC 710 SL in chrome Pedals Premium Slim PC in black Bars Chromag OSX in black chrome Brake Avid Elixir cr sl in black with a 160mm Avid Cleansweep G3 Stem Thomson x4 elite in black Grips Animal Edwin Flangeless in black Headset Cane Creek 110 HS in black

Frame: 2011 Dobermann Pinscher 26 in matte blood red (21.5 tt)

Fork: 2010 Fox 831 (non kashmia) at 100mm
Seat: Eclat Padded Complex in black

2010 Atomlab superlight wheel set with titanium spokes.

Crank Arms: Profile BMX 175mm in chrome
Spindle: Profile BMX titanium 48 spline
Sprocket: Profile spline drive 25t in black
Bb: Deity Outboard Bearing euro in black (19m)
Chain: KMC 710 SL in chrome
Pedals: Premium Slim PC in black

Bars: Chromag OSX in black chrome
Brake: Shimano xt 2010 with a 160mm Avid Cleansweep G3
Stem: Thomson x4 elite in black
Grips: Animal Edwin Flangeless in black
Headset: Cane Creek 110 HS in black

The frame is great, stiff, my size and comfortable. The build quality is ace, and the welds, yoke and seat-stay-seat-tube junction are super clean. The paint job is immaculate and the color is amazing. It really shines in the light and the matte finish is resistant to scratches (although the coarser finish does often show a lot of shoe scuffs). The ride is great, it is really fun to ride and has a real poppy feeling. With my current setup, it does feel a bit high and slack. I would prefer a slightly steeper HA and Shorter chain-stays and slightly lower bb. Another slight issue is the fact that i do not have full fork knob clearance and have to run a custom spacer. If i can sell this frame, i think i would go for a streetsweeper, as it seems to have all geometry tweaks that i am looking for.

The bar setup was okay for a while, but currently i am experimenting with my old bar setup (molly hatchets on Thomson BMX) and it seems better suited for the build. It makes the bike feel more comfortable as a whole and gets id of most back fatigue and neck discomfort. THe bike is easier to pickup (although i cannot pick it up as high) and seems to manual much easier. The chromo bars are also much more supple on bigger hits and the whole high rise bar setup is definitely worth the 300g or so weight "penalty (if you will)".

THe fox 831 is an excellent choice in fork for this particular build. it is extremely smooth (although not important for street) and for the price i got it for, it is actually much more preferable to rigid. The bike seems to have more energy, and the user effort (not to put to much emphasis on this aspect) is reduced for must hops, spins (which i suck at) and definitely manuals. As I have been getting better (in my eyes) I’ve been starting to realize why people recommend a lowered 36 over the 831. The RLC, although not needed, is cool, but i would rather have high speed compression adjust (RC2 for fox) to control high speed compression. The fork valving doesn’t seem as progressive as it could be (maybe its just how i have it setup) and it seems to not use full travel. When doing front wheel involved tricks such as foot jams and variations, nose bonks etc, there is a small amount of detected flex. The flex is not so much bad, but is kind of uncomfortable especially when doing say, a foot-jam on a bank and pushing forward and hopping to get back in. The arch is also kind of small for foot jams, but that’s probably me just being really picky. In the future, if the opportunity ever comes, i will opt to trade the 831 for a 36 as i feel that the durability (although not necessary) is much better, and the stiffness and pimp factor are sweet. With a setup as light as i consider mine to be, the extra pound or so in the front end wont do much.

The Atomlab Suprelight wheelset with titanium spokes (which i believe i am a pioneer for in the street world) has been quite excellent. The hubs are cleanly designed and spin well, and the engagement in the rear is super solid and not too loud. I much prefer these hubs over the profiles on my rigid setup. The rims are also awesome, a bit narrow at that, but when kept at proper tension they will stay true at anything i can throw at them (limited to big bails and 3 attempts). The spokes however, are a bit flexy and have tended to spin while i true/tension (an odd thing) but they are frickin rainbow and save weight so i cant bitch about that.

Cranks: profiles with spline drive and ti, what can i say they are profiles. Reliable, lightish for BMX cranks, and baller aesthetics.

Brake: DIFFERENT: Shimano Xt 2010 with 160mm g3 rotor. strong, comfortable lever, reliable, easy to bleed (or so i have heard) and had lots of pad space so rotor rub is a thing of the past.

All in all, I cant really complain. This is simply the best bike i have ever owned.

Any component questions just shoot here.

Take this as an example. We want to hear about the parts, justify your choices, and know about what you like/ dont like.

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:20 Quote
Cool thread bro

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:21 Quote
Norcorider65 wrote:
Cool thread bro

I like those bike checks in teh streetthread and though it would be a good idea to make a dedicated thread for it.

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:22 Quote
I liked the idea as well , ill be sure to post when she's built or near done

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:23 Quote
quizzical0 wrote:
I liked the idea as well , ill be sure to post when she's built or near done

YAY

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:25 Quote
Ill post mine when im done Wink

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:32 Quote
Subbed, will post mine when upgrades are complete

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:32 Quote
Is someone hinting for my to post mine?

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:34 Quote
Well, I'm almost done.
This frame
photo
new partzzz
Temporarily this
How to fail at painting your rims.
All this
race kings 2.0
And this is getting painted.
Fork is destickered
To look like that
photo
As for the stem. I ordered this over three months ago and when it finally get here it's gold and 31.8 instead of Ano red 25.4
NS and Dartmoor Products availible at ZM Cycle and Fitness. Funky 31.8 Stem. PM for pricing

Once it's all built. I will be getting some gold Atomlab wheels. Gold= Rims spokes hubs.
And these are to bash up my shins.
I m leaving this blank

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:38 Quote
So park bike with dirt tires? Cool , what's your fork height going to be

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:40 Quote
Contrary to your first post I'm just gonna point out that the pinschers are actually not stiff. After riding two different pinschers for some time and then getting on my buddies bikes or even my new frame it is apparent that they are pretty flexy.

Here's my new setup.
2011 p3 looking fresh.

The p3 frame is absolutely dialed. Super stuff and has the perfect geo for me, even on street this frame excels. In my opinion I have everything pretty dialed but ive found the outlaw wheels are pretty weak. They've needed constant truing since I've bought them. Might swap them out and put on my backup dh wheels, eq31's on dt hubs. Probably drop some weight that way too.

Posted: Jan 11, 2012 at 17:43 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
Contrary to your first post I'm just gonna point out that the pinschers are actually not stiff. After riding two different pinschers for some time and then getting on my buddies bikes or even my new frame it is apparent that they are pretty flexy.

Here's my new setup.
2011 p3 looking fresh.

The p3 frame is absolutely dialed. Super stuff and has the perfect geo for me, even on street this frame excels. In my opinion I have everything pretty dialed but ive found the outlaw wheels are pretty weak. They've needed constant truing since I've bought them. Might swap them out and put on my backup dh wheels, eq31's on dt hubs. Probably drop some weight that way too.

which wtb seat is that?

Quality over looks right?

Nashmeyer wrote:
Is someone hinting for my to post mine?

doooeeet . but post reviews for the parts while ur at it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017676
Mobile Version of Website