Keep Elixir CR or XT?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Keep Elixir CR or XT?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 15:33 Quote
Hi there,

I currently have a pair of 2010 Elixir Cr Brakes.

i dont really like them because of the lever feel ( They have been Bled recently )

Should i try to sell the Elixir CRs and get a pair of Shimano XTs? I have a friend who has a pair, and they have a perfect Lever feel. I really like them.

If you were in my position... Would You Sell the CRs and get a pair of XTs?

Thanks,
fred

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 20:00 Quote
My opinion is that you should be comfortable with your ride. If you are more comfortable with the Shimano brakes. Go for it

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 20:01 Quote
I did the same thing, only to the extremely similar 2012 SLX brakes. Totally worth it! Go for it! Also nab the Ice-tech rotors!

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 20:37 Quote
freddy-b wrote:
Hi there,

i dont really like them because of the lever feel ( They have been Bled recently )

Should i try to sell the Elixir CRs and get a pair of Shimano XTs? I have a friend who has a pair, and they have a perfect Lever feel. I really like them.

Thanks,
fred

2010 xt or 2011 xt?

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 1:52 Quote
XT all the way. I have owned a number of Avid brakes and everyone of them l hated. They were mushy, lost power quickly and just felt like crap. On the other hand my xt m775 have a great firm feel, lots of power and a wonderful lever feel. I would love to try the new ones because there is nothing but great reviews. However l'm very happy with the ones l have now

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 3:04 Quote
dialeddobermann wrote:
freddy-b wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks,
fred

2010 xt or 2011 xt?

I am not sure, i am talking about the XT M785 Wink with ice-tec

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 17:43 Quote
freddy-b wrote:
dialeddobermann wrote:
freddy-b wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks,
fred

2010 xt or 2011 xt?

I am not sure, i am talking about the XT M785 Wink with ice-tec

Definitely. I swapped my elixir cr for a m775 and am so happy I did. It's great.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009633
Mobile Version of Website