2012 Mega Avalanche

PB Forum :: Downhill
2012 Mega Avalanche
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 7:53 Quote
Just entered....gold package. First time.....cannot wait!

Super unfit and don't ride much really (twice a month), other than that once a year in the Alps.

I guess I am gonna need to step up my game to survive.

Here is my steed, pretty sorted for the race but I may get a rear coil and maybe a longer stem.

photo

Jump in the thread if you are going, been before or thinking about it.

Training plans, if any? Bikes and equipment?

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 8:07 Quote
Me and paddler are doing it on platinum, (just wanted the extra days lift pass, not sure what else we get for the money)

FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 11:10 Quote
physical wrote:
Me and paddler are doing it on platinum, (just wanted the extra days lift pass, not sure what else we get for the money)

Yeah for the extra 4e or whatever it seems good value but we are only there for 8 nights.

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 12:39 Quote
Going there with a mate, not yet sorted on the bike for me (that'll depend if I can find a proper full sus) and we took the gold package.

First one for me Smile

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 8:22 Quote
A mate an my self are heading over, we only went for bronze package :/
booked accomodation..
I currently run fox talas rlc 32's, 150mm.... think i need somthing more heavy-duty?

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 13:29 Quote
Most competitive people are on 6x6

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 13:33 Quote
Well I might do it with my 140mm hardtail so basically any bike will do, just that you won't go as fast as the other riders in 160mm full sus Razz

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 14:29 Quote
f*ckin hell mate a hardtail, how do you sit down with balls that big?

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 21:54 Quote
Quite a few people ride it down with hardtails actually! But still, I just might. Hopefully I'll have enough money for a full sus mini-dh complete bike or at least frame. My KTM is like my last resort solution Smile

Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:06 Quote
Just entered, can't wait. No idea how I'm getting there, doesn't really matter, plane train boat but if anyone's driving & has space left let me know. Btw its my first shot at this too, I know my bike's far too big & far too heavy having watched a few vids but I so don't care, at least I should get less arm pump Smile .

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:14 Quote
Hey im not doing it this year but i plan to next year i would say try do some of the enduro races in the uk. Ok the descents are no where near the length but its good practice and also to the thread starter i would stick with a short stem personally.

Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:19 Quote
I so wanna do it this year but i just dont think im gonna have the cash. Will be next for def, main reason why i cant this year is ive just bought my new bike Smile best of luck and enjoy everyone.

Quick question what is the price for the tickets?

Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
coop83 wrote:
I so wanna do it this year but i just dont think im gonna have the cash. Will be next for def, main reason why i cant this year is ive just bought my new bike Smile best of luck and enjoy everyone.

I only paid 110 euro about £92 for the platinum package, just get's you a few extra days lift pass for more practice runs.

Posted: Mar 13, 2012 at 14:29 Quote
ManiacInBlack wrote:
coop83 wrote:

I only paid 110 euro about £92 for the platinum package, just get's you a few extra days lift pass for more practice runs.

Ahh thats not to bad, trying to balance working extra to raise money and riding my new bike. The bike is winning Smile

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 at 1:40 Quote
Finally got a new bike for the event, Commencal Supreme 6.
Supreme 6 2011

As for the tickets, when you compare with lift days passes, it's really cheap. For about 100€, the gold package or something, you get the full week of lift and access to the tracks, and the race itself ...

Let's hope I'll still be in one piece for the D-day! Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010631
Mobile Version of Website