Flatspot in headtube after buying/ getting shipped a used frame

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Flatspot in headtube after buying/ getting shipped a used frame
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 13:11 Quote
if it was my bike i'd bash it back into shape and ride that sucker...

on the other hand if it was a customers bike, i'd advise them to get a replacement / refund and not touch it with a barge pole

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 13:22 Quote
JayTom20 wrote:
if it was my bike i'd bash it back into shape and ride that sucker...

on the other hand if it was a customers bike, i'd advise them to get a replacement / refund and not touch it with a barge pole

I would not want to touch that sh*t with a barge pole, especially if its my own bike Wink

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 13:26 Quote
A thing for the future, when you receive ANY package, make the postman wait a bit until you've checked that the package is completely intact.

If there are any hole, scratch, you should refuse it (if it's worth it, I mean if you ordered a pack of brake pads and it's scratched, don't bother ...) and see with the shipping company (and the seller) for any insurrance claim. In this case, you should have had the delivery boy notice it was damaged :/

I don't know how it works but most packages probably have some kind of insurrance on it, and it may be interesting sometimes (I often overvalue the goods in my packages, just in case they disappear/get damaged. It worked once for a derailleur, worth about £40 but insurred for £100, I got the 100 and paid back the buyer his £40 (derailleur looked like it went under a forklift O_o)

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010899
Mobile Version of Website