Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Jan 19, 2012 at 13:41 Quote
Hi all,

Ive just booked my place for this years mega, just wondering if any others are doing it or have done it?

Also any tips on which bike, setup, fitness, training, accomodation etc. etc.

Any tips or tails will be greatly appreciated. Big Grin

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 8:31 Quote
Hi,
A friend and I have just entered too.
I am modifying my bike a bit, need some fox 36's instead of 32's.
as for accomodation, keep searching allsorts of websites, try find privetly owned chalets, we found on really cheap like that.
as for fitness I am training my arms mainly... from what i have read they get tired quick!

I have never ridden it before, i have just read up on it loads...
hope that kinda helps!

Posted: Jan 25, 2012 at 13:21 Quote
ive been trying to register today but the fooking active.com website keeps telling my my postcode is wrongDead Horse

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 0:20 Quote
where the hell do you register for this

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 6:12 Quote
http://www.activeglobal.com/off-road-cycling/alpe-d-huez-france/semaine-de-la-megavalanche-alpe-d-huez-2012

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 7:02 Quote
LEGEND


jor4s wrote:
http://www.activeglobal.com/off-road-cycling/alpe-d-huez-france/semaine-de-la-megavalanche-alpe-d-huez-2012

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 at 11:20 Quote
Hi to all who may get this.

we have a definite 4 people going this year and was wondering whether anyone in SE England is wanting to join to help keep overall costs down for everyone, as an alps holiday can be done REALLY cheap if you plan it properly!

were all mainly DH/FR riders, dirt jumpers, professional mechanics and general MTB nuts, easy going and light hearted people

Our plan for this year is to ideally buy a BIG van drive it there and back and then re-sell it when back in England...

when we did this for 2010 we bought a van for £700 and made £100 profit on the van so essentially, we only pay (in transport terms) for tax(if it hasnt got any), insurance, fuel and toll road costs.

either that or will get a rental splitter/touring van all depending on numbers

we are just trying to get the numbers up, and if you havent done this race yet, owe it to yourself... as the pro's even say... 'you cant really call yourself a MTBer until youve raced the MegAvalanche!'

please only reply if you KNOW that you can definitely commit!!

for any more information about what youll need and how to go about it do not hesitate to get in touch as we are getting the kitty together now

cheers!

Nic

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 13:35 Quote
guy help


tryong to register but it keeps saying my post code is not form the correct country and im getting mega thredders with it

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 14:16 Quote
goodman245 wrote:
guy help


tryong to register but it keeps saying my post code is not form the correct country and im getting mega thredders with it

had exactly the same problem!!! got in touch with the organizers!! simple fix

my post code is
cv66lz all you have to do is space it out so input it like this
cv6 6lz
Hope this helps jay

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 23:25 Quote
jtruslove wrote:
goodman245 wrote:
guy help


tryong to register but it keeps saying my post code is not form the correct country and im getting mega thredders with it

had exactly the same problem!!! got in touch with the organizers!! simple fix

my post code is
cv66lz all you have to do is space it out so input it like this
cv6 6lz
Hope this helps jay


finnaly got it done this morning

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 at 1:30 Quote
goodman245 wrote:
jtruslove wrote:
goodman245 wrote:
guy help


tryong to register but it keeps saying my post code is not form the correct country and im getting mega thredders with it

had exactly the same problem!!! got in touch with the organizers!! simple fix

my post code is
cv66lz all you have to do is space it out so input it like this
cv6 6lz
Hope this helps jay

See u there then fella best of luck

finnaly got it done this morning

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 5:45 Quote
Hi guys, I'm going to be doing the mega for the first time this year. Just wondering what the difference is between the Megavalanche, the MegaChallenger, the MegaAffinity and the MegaAmateurs. Is it categories based on qualification times ? Or totally different events ?
Thanks Smile

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 6:57 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
Hi guys, I'm going to be doing the mega for the first time this year. Just wondering what the difference is between the Megavalanche, the MegaChallenger, the MegaAffinity and the MegaAmateurs. Is it categories based on qualification times ? Or totally different events ?
Thanks Smile

Its my first one too.

I think you are put into catagories based on your qual times.

Looking forward to it. Big Grin

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 10:15 Quote
jor4s wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:
Hi guys, I'm going to be doing the mega for the first time this year. Just wondering what the difference is between the Megavalanche, the MegaChallenger, the MegaAffinity and the MegaAmateurs. Is it categories based on qualification times ? Or totally different events ?
Thanks Smile

Its my first one too.

I think you are put into catagories based on your qual times.

Looking forward to it. Big Grin

Same, looks mental Smile Don't know how hard it's going to be with the Operator but i'll try and make up for it with good ol' teenage fitness Smile

Posted: Apr 21, 2012 at 12:58 Quote
Guys, does anyone know if there are tickets left?

Going to raising money for charity with the race so would really like to secure a spot!

Based in East Anglia if anyone is going from the area?

Cheers guys

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010131
Mobile Version of Website