Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
Log in to your profile on the Megavalanche website, it will show you there what you have or have not bought

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
Actually it does show it on my confirmation email from engage-sports, about half way down:
• Assurance MULTISPORT journaliere - 5 jours, du 5 au 9 julliet (20.00€)

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 13:29 Quote
kes2903 wrote:
Actually it does show it on my confirmation email from engage-sports, about half way down:
• Assurance MULTISPORT journaliere - 5 jours, du 5 au 9 julliet (20.00€)

My bad, i found it on the confirmation as well, says exactly the same as on your confirmation.

Thanks again. So I definitely will be safe and wont gonna make a medical certificate.

Thank you very much, maybe see you there on the race ;-)

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
konabigshed wrote:
I paid for the insurance on registration but also had a quick medical, only cost £20.

well a "quick" medical costs about CHF 100.00 in switzerland...

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
No problem buddy see you there!

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 0:20 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
konabigshed wrote:
I paid for the insurance on registration but also had a quick medical, only cost £20.

well a "quick" medical costs about CHF 100.00 in switzerland...

It would probably cost you nothing with a creative mind & 30 minutes in MS Word.

Most of the people i've gone with in the past made up their own (before the MA option existed).

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:08 Quote
forgery of documents is a crime... Each to their own.

Sorry guys for this dilemma, but I finally received the answer from UCC. I emailed them before having your answers. They state clearly, that a medical certificate is mandatory, even if you have the multisport insurance. They even attached a medical certificate to use at your doc.

Me:
Hi
I am participating at the 2017 Megavalanche. The sign up was pretty difficult and I have one last question: I am not a licenced rider. Do I need to have a medical certificate or not? Can I sign up an insurance when I get my racenumber at alp d'huez?

Thank you very much

UCC:
Hi Patrice,

Yes the medical certificate is mandatory, please find an example attached.

You will be able to purchase extra insurance when picking up your number

Best regards

Je reste à votre entière disposition pour tout complément d'information,

Salutations sportives

Me:
Hey

Thank you for your answer.

But it is even mandatory when I purchased the MULTISPORT Assurances for 20 Euro when I signed up for the Mega?

Thanks again

UCC:
Yes it is,
Thanks for your understanding

So I am fed up with this back and forth. I am just gonna make it.
Thanks anyway for your time and answers

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:10 Quote
How can I upload that PDF medical certificate for you guys (for these that wanna make it) UCC attached in the mail?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:45 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
How can I upload that PDF medical certificate for you guys (for these that wanna make it) UCC attached in the mail?

I found one on line that had the same address as the organisers and event logo's on it, I searched on google it's a pdf file
Search for medical certificate for megavalanche on google and you'll see: medical certificate Engage sports.com

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 4:45 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:

You do it through your account....its under the event and "My Registration"

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
Flippin' hell the Crit Air certificate is a massive pain in the arse! Didn't work on my Mac, worked on work PC.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 2:42 Quote
Place your bets on what the weather will do during Mega week....Go!

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 3:01 Quote
I've been watching the long range forecast. Looks like high teens, maybe low twenties and a bit of rain here and there. It was horrendously hot last year so will be nice if it's cooler. No rain would be great though!

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 3:03 Quote
kes2903 wrote:
I've been watching the long range forecast. Looks like high teens, maybe low twenties and a bit of rain here and there. It was horrendously hot last year so will be nice if it's cooler. No rain would be great though!

yeah, I think it may change. Think next week we will have a firmer idea but I hope the same as you. A light shower or two actually may help with the dust which get's pretty ridiculous at times.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
Long range forecasts are absolutely nonsense... I think there wont be an exact forecast before end of june.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010799
Mobile Version of Website