Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 11:02 Quote
Down hill bike is not ideal, however 2 of my mates did it last year on their Ros niners ! So I guess run what you brung!!

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 11:34 Quote
Loads run dh bikes. Advantage in qualifying, disadvantage in race.
The top guys are running trail / enduro bikes. I suppose it's down to are you looking to be competitive or is it a bucket list, doing it for fun occasion?

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
Hi can anyone tell me how it works with regards to the doctors note and race licence? Do you definitely need both and at what point do they check these? Are they needed in order to register?

If the doctors note is needed, does it just need to say that there are no major underlying medical conditions?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 23:23 Quote
george8670 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me how it works with regards to the doctors note and race licence? Do you definitely need both and at what point do they check these? Are they needed in order to register?

If the doctors note is needed, does it just need to say that there are no major underlying medical conditions?

Thanks
Google , Megavalanche doctors certificate forth one down is good I got my doctor to sign that

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 0:31 Quote
Dickiescbb wrote:
are people riding this on a DH rig ? since there is climbing involved ( a lot ?? )

Not much climbing, but there is a good chunk of pedaling and an Enduro/AM bike is best.

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 5:36 Quote
Hello looking for somewhere to stay with, throughout the week long shot I know ????

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 5:59 Quote
Guys, either I am too dumb or there is really no more rooms to a reasonably Price available on the booking sites... Any suggestions?

I coudnt find any available rooms in Alp d'huez from 5.07.2018 - 8.07.2018...

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
Guys, either I am too dumb or there is really no more rooms to a reasonably Price available on the booking sites... Any suggestions?

I coudnt find any available rooms in Alp d'huez from 5.07.2018 - 8.07.2018...
Have you tried Airbnb ? I found an apartment last year really cheap.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 11:04 Quote
Just found one room at the Hotel Les Chimes... I found it through the accommodation info on the megavalanche site and its like there are a few rooms still available. On all the different booking sites, not one hotel seems to have rooms left, which is very strange and hard to believe. But even if you check on the specific hotel homepage, all of them have no rooms available... Didnt try Airbnb though...

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 11:20 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
Just found one room at the Hotel Les Chimes... I found it through the accommodation info on the megavalanche site and its like there are a few rooms still available. On all the different booking sites, not one hotel seems to have rooms left, which is very strange and hard to believe. But even if you check on the specific hotel homepage, all of them have no rooms available... Didnt try Airbnb though...
I seem to remember that nothing is listed as being available until closer to the time.
Strange system but it's still ski season. You might find you can't book anything in the summer yet.
Another possibility is that le tour is in town. I don't know?

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 12:48 Quote
Well I just booked that hotel. Price was ok I guess. Place where its at is not too bad, so I went for it.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
Booked through the megavalanche site a few times and never actually stayed where they stated. To be fair they always upgrade you but it might not be right in the busy centre. Wasn't an issue for me.

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 2:29 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:
I seem to remember that nothing is listed as being available until closer to the time.
Strange system but it's still ski season. You might find you can't book anything in the summer yet.

I think the timing of "la Marmotte" might have some impact on hotel availability as well.

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:

You're right dude. Ski season seems to take up these places time so more availability starts to appear Feb-April ish.

Pierre Vacances in Alpe D'Huez worked well for us. Basic rooms but good size, cheap and balconies for bikes. Oh, and a pool!

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 8:45 Quote
Any one has a vacancy in there room for me??

I’m struggling to find anywhere

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.066735
Mobile Version of Website