Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
wezza wrote:
Any one has a vacancy in there room for me??

I’m struggling to find anywhere

You can also look for a stay in Oz en Oisans, it’s just one lift away.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 3:53 Quote
Oz is filling up fast. The chalets i've used for the last 8 years are fully booked already. They've never been fully booked in the past so there must be another event on at the same time.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 3:57 Quote
For anyone staying in Oz/Allemond and flying into Lyon there is a possibility i'll have a space in my hire car.

I'll be flying in Mon 2nd and out Mon 9th.

Will confirm on here in a few weeks once everything is finalised and booked.

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 2:11 Quote
gpaevo wrote:
Oz is filling up fast. The chalets i've used for the last 8 years are fully booked already. They've never been fully booked in the past so there must be another event on at the same time.

Yes, the "la Marmotte" road cycling event is organised on the 8th of January this year. I guess we can expect to see lots of spandex/lycra in the village Joker

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
twijg wrote:
gpaevo wrote:

Yes, the "la Marmotte" road cycling event is organised on the 8th of January this year. I guess we can expect to see lots of spandex/lycra in the village Joker
Ah yes, that was one at the same time about 6 years ago when I was there. Remember sitting in the pizza take way in Oz having a laugh at the 2 fellas in lycra. Their mate had taken a big hit on a descent that day as his tyre had left the rim due to the glue melting with the heat from his brakes. F*@kin stupid road bikes lol and they had the cheek to slag us off for wearing armour.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 3:25 Quote
gpaevo wrote:
twijg wrote:
gpaevo wrote:

Ah yes, that was one at the same time about 6 years ago when I was there. Remember sitting in the pizza take way in Oz having a laugh at the 2 fellas in lycra. Their mate had taken a big hit on a descent that day as his tyre had left the rim due to the glue melting with the heat from his brakes. F*@kin stupid road bikes lol and they had the cheek to slag us off for wearing armour.

Bloody roadies - we arrived early this year to troll them a bit tup Video https://vimeo.com/225146802

Bit of fun. Not sure we passed 1,000 but hey lol

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
stuartpenney wrote:
gpaevo wrote:
twijg wrote:

Bloody roadies - we arrived early this year to troll them a bit tup Video https://vimeo.com/225146802

Bit of fun. Not sure we passed 1,000 but hey lol
Horrible species, can't understand why it's so popular. Keeps them off our trails anyway.
Pissed a few of them off riding up last time the lift was broke. They hate being overtaken by a full sus with knobblies

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
I am going again this year after doing it in 2015.

Folks I wouldn't worry about accommodation yet as the resort is mostly empty when the race on so there is loads of spaces available. Summer availability hasn't been released yet hence why everything is showing booked up.

I stayed at Les Bergers last time and it was pretty good with a nice pool.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
Does anybody know a good way to get from Alpe De Huez to Morzine?

I'd like to squeeze in a few runs at the bikepark before a late night flight.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 13:44 Quote
Oranges wrote:
Does anybody know a good way to get from Alpe De Huez to Morzine?

I'd like to squeeze in a few runs at the bikepark before a late night flight.

Cheers
It's over 230km away and about 3hrs drive.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 14:00 Quote
I know that... I was thinking a shuttle transfer service or similar.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
Oranges wrote:
I know that... I was thinking a shuttle transfer service or similar.
Try duex alpes bike Park for something closer.
It's not a good drive between alpe dhuez and morzine. Either over some of the highest passes in Europe or through grenoble with toll roads.
Are you flying from Geneva?

Posted: Mar 9, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
Thanks guys,

I've got a quote from a company that will shuttle us from Geneva airport to L2A and Alpe De Huez.

However the problem is we need 2 more people to make it a 'shared' transfer.

Would anyone be interested in joining us on Thursday June 28th from GVA to L2A and then on Monday July 9th from Alpe De Huez to GVA? It's 150 euros return.

Cheers

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 6:20 Quote
Word on the street is there should be a lot of snow on Pic Blanc for the race this year. its approx 6m deep at the moment. Its going to be epic!

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 13:42 Quote
wbennett24 wrote:
Word on the street is there should be a lot of snow on Pic Blanc for the race this year. its approx 6m deep at the moment. Its going to be epic!

And the rest lol. I was there a fortnight ago and its mental

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005729
Mobile Version of Website