Megavalanche 2020

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Megavalanche 2020
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 15:47 Quote
i'm heading out by myself on the 2nd 01:19, early hours, and returning on 9th 23:50
mike116699 wrote:
Anyone driving to Megavalanche for the week from UK and have room for one more. Will obviously share costs. I have been for the last 2 years.

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
gpaevo wrote:
twijg wrote:
gpaevo wrote:

2014 from memory we started just above the DMC for the main race, was pure shit with mud and cloud.

I wasn't there but man-o-man Eek , imagine the horror Joker

Yup I was there, it was complete shit. I didn't race as it was pointless. Half the riders left early and went to Morzine as it was dry. Even the expo village packed up early.

Yep I was one of them too! Rode the quali track for one day, packed up and went to Morzine for he rest of the trip!

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
Hey peeps, long shot I know but, I have a space in my car.
I'm gonna be leaving from Scarborough & on the boat at 2:00am Sat 30th June
Return 2:00am Sat 14th July
Plan is mega week then a week in Morzine or wherever, I'm flexible.
If that's any good to anyone send me a message & we'll see if we can arrange something Salute

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
long shot here also but 2 lads looking for accommodation for the 2nd - 10th in L'Alpe-d'Huez
booked late and can't find anywhere now.

pm or reply here if you have or know of anything.

cheers

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 1:15 Quote
Still plenty of stuff shown on air bnb if you have a look.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 1:27 Quote
bigtexuk wrote:
Still plenty of stuff shown on air bnb if you have a look.
cheers, mailed a good few and none seem to take bikes

might need to get storage somewhere or up our price range maybe!

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 7:02 Quote
There are spaces left at Les Bergers on Airbnb and bikes are fine there. Most places with balconies have no issue in my experience.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
Les Bergers is ideal. Basic. Allows bikes and has a pool

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 16:17 Quote
bigtexuk wrote:
There are spaces left at Les Bergers on Airbnb and bikes are fine there. Most places with balconies have no issue in my experience.

thanks, i am trying to find availability in that place but none showing at all i'm afraid. 2nd-10th July

where would be best to stay as close as possible to alpes d'huez for 2 people with no car

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 1:38 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
bigtexuk wrote:

thanks, i am trying to find availability in that place but none showing at all i'm afraid. 2nd-10th July

where would be best to stay as close as possible to alpes d'huez for 2 people with no car

There is the camp site in Allemond. The bus service runs all day up to the lift station at Oz, then you'd get the cable car to alpe d'huez. The race finishes in Allemond.

But, with no car your only real option (best) is alpe d'huez itself, i've done this race 9 years now so speak from experience.

There must be accommodation left in alpe d'huez. I ski there in the winter and there are zillions more people about than during the mega week.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 1:00 Quote
This is a shout for anybody going already or intending going to the Mega. My plan was to go in my own in a van and camp, my concern is an injury leaving me in a tricky situation in the Alps not being able to drive back. So if anyone had a space available in a vehicle I would happily contribute to costs etc. Alternatively I could stick to my plan, which means theres potentially space with me, again share costs etc. I am probably going to camp and live just south of London. It's worth adding this is my first stab at this race and I am taking a chilled approach to it.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
mike116699 wrote:
Anyone driving to Megavalanche for the week from UK and have room for one more. Will obviously share costs. I have been for the last 2 years.

Have you sorted transport Mike, I plan on going, where abouts in UK are you, I am South East.

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 4:45 Quote
Accommodation spaces Mega avalanche 2018

Due to a cancellation we have spaces for 2-4 people during the mega.

3rd-9th July. Nice place, bike friendly, with parking.

Chalet is in Alpe D'huez, currently have 5 brits staying.

PM me for more details

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 4:49 Quote
Hi,

We have space from 4th - 9th if thats any help, nice chalet in Alpe d'huez

vpfree2009 wrote:
long shot here also but 2 lads looking for accommodation for the 2nd - 10th in L'Alpe-d'Huez
booked late and can't find anywhere now.

pm or reply here if you have or know of anything.

cheers

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
Hi Gazelle,

Was going to book everything tomorrow. Taking a Ford Fiesta.
I am just north of Cambridge.
I planned to leave on Sat 30th, get there on the 1st and leave on Sun 8th.
Not sure about camping tho.
There is camping next to the first (main) ski lift in Alpe d'huez but no facilities. All Mega competitors can use the sports centre for toilets and showers for free.
I have been for the last 2 years.
A lift with you would be good.

Gazelle1 wrote:
mike116699 wrote:

Have you sorted transport Mike, I plan on going, where abouts in UK are you, I am South East.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012364
Mobile Version of Website