Main parts of a trail

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Main parts of a trail
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 11:32 Quote
Hey,
Me and some friends are going to attempt to build a half decent trails, as all the other ones that we have done are really short and quite boring. I would just like to know what features the perfect trail should have (e.g. Rock Gardens, Jumps) and how long it should be Smile cheers Big Grin

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 7:29 Quote
RhinoBiker wrote:
Hey,
Me and some friends are going to attempt to build a half decent trails, as all the other ones that we have done are really short and quite boring. I would just like to know what features the perfect trail should have (e.g. Rock Gardens, Jumps) and how long it should be Smile cheers Big Grin

the perfect trail!! wow think ur over your head there mate, just go with the features of the hill the best you can and put in jumps n berms were u think it needs them, dont stress about having it perfect build it ride it have fun

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
Find the best features the hill has got , stuff like bomb holes , lumps bumps , rock gardens or places for a good jump.
It's worth walking the hill a few times over a week or two to get to know where things are in relation to each other then try and figure out if you can link them together with out being too pedally but also keeping in mind how fast it's gonna be by the time it's ridden in well in a few months time.
Roughly scrape out the lines , just sticks and crap , ride it where you can as it is just to see if things are gonna link well before committing to any heavey digging , and try to keep digging to a minimum if possible , natural tracks are allways the best , have fun Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009720
Mobile Version of Website