What other bikes are like the TREK Scratch 8 or Bighit?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What other bikes are like the TREK Scratch 8 or Bighit?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 23:36 Quote
So Im looking at getting a Scratch 8 when I get a check from ICBC, but if the check isnt as big as I hope what else should I be looking at? I want 36-38 lbs. I want something I can petal and Bomb with. I had an 2004 Stinky before and It was good enough for free riding, but not very pedal friendly. My freeride experience is more important than pedal friendlyness.

A few other questions:

What is the main difference between the air and the coil shock?
Am I going to lose alot of freeride enjoyablility with the air shock? There has to be a difference or they wouldnt bother making both versions. Having a Stinky before I wondered if a CoilAIR would have suited me better, but I am always scared of not having enough travel or having a bike that cant keep up with my freeriding.

Thanks for your input

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 0:10 Quote
It sounds like the Giant Reign SX is almost exactly what you want.

if you want a more freeride rig, I'd also suggest the Faith

Posted: Jan 25, 2012 at 12:12 Quote
If I were you I'd check out the rocky mountain slayer ss. Weighs about 38. It's pretty pedal friendly. I'm riding the slayer ss royale frame with r

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 at 9:46 Quote
If you want true freeride then go with the Faith. The Reign X/SX design blows through travel quickly. I'm told by a Fox mech. that this bike would do the same air or coil, though I only have experience with the RX with an air shock.

I wish I had a 2012 Faith fully devoted to Freeride so I could focus my Reign X1 completely on super-aggressive cross-country.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014717
Mobile Version of Website