Northern Ireland Tourist Board advert and forest service who have destroyed the trail featured in it..

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Northern Ireland Tourist Board advert and forest service who have destroyed the trail featured in it..
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 5:40 Quote
If anyone has seen the new advert for Northern Ireland -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbctoBGog7I
There is a DH clip at 15secs on an ilegal trail that forest service has destroyed.
In Northern Ireland the forest service has refused to build trails for over 10 years.
The tourist board has been willing to fund trails but forest service has been totaly unwilling to build.
As such there isn't any legal mtb trails apart from a couple of family based ones..

Please feel free to phone Northern Ireland Forest Service and enquire about the trail featured in the advert.
or the location of any other Downhill trails, jump parks or freeride areas.
Their number is 028 9052 4014

lol lol lol lol lol lol lets have a bit of funlol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 6:41 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
If anyone has seen the new advert for Northern Ireland -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbctoBGog7I
There is a DH clip at 15secs on an ilegal trail that forest service has destroyed.
In Northern Ireland the forest service has refused to build trails for over 10 years.
The tourist board has been willing to fund trails but forest service has been totaly unwilling to build.
As such there isn't any legal mtb trails apart from a couple of family based ones..

Please feel free to phone Northern Ireland Forest Service and enquire about the trail featured in the advert.
or the location of any other Downhill trails, jump parks or freeride areas.
Their number is 028 9052 4014

lol lol lol lol lol lol lets have a bit of funlol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Rob your a legend !
Gona get loads to torture them !

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 14:18 Quote
Its sad that they throw that into the advert to attract people to get them more money and then tear it down after.

You have to admit, it is a sick advert tho. Makes NI look like the bees knees haha.

Wasnt there a plan for a bike park in Co. Antrim at some stage? This was years ago so I might not be right.

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 14:24 Quote
yip there was 5million to spend all over country but forest service wouldn't have it.
All eu money gone now so its just what local councils can do now..

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 14:35 Quote
And it sucks that we are losing most of our riding spots to that sudden oak death disease...

If that ever got to rostrevor or moneyscalp it would be the end of the community. Those are our main places to ride. It just sucks.

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 14:43 Quote
moneyscalp is gone, all felled and no access for 3 years to it all clears

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 14:44 Quote
WHAT!? When did this happen? I loved that place...

Posted: Mar 17, 2012 at 18:55 Quote
Is there actually ANYWHERE good to ride in NI? Cave hill is good fun when its dry, and there are some okay forests. I live a mile or 2 away from Tardree, but is there anywhere with purpose built jumps for proper AM/DH riding?

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 at 4:59 Quote
Unfortunately not.

Cavehill is as good as it gets up this direction. There was a really good park built out west that is really worth the journey.

Its in Blessingbourne, google it and you should find it. Pump track and everything.

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 at 15:23 Quote
Yeah blessingbourne is pretty good, the pump track is great but as far as gravity trails go theres none Really Mad

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 7:18 Quote
blessingbourne is for kids with stabilizers...

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 15:23 Quote
I contacted Discover Northern Ireland on Facebook ans today I got a response.

Darrel Dudley
I've just seen your advert on TV and was wondering where the mountain bike scene was filmed? Would like to come over to Northern Ireland for a riding holiday and was look for some places to ride
Like ·

Discover Northern Ireland Hello Darrel, there are several great places here's a link to some choices on our website http://ow.ly/9KCy6 If you're looking for the full package try here http://ow.ly/9KCCD Will get info. on exact location of filming for you, but in the meantime If you need any further help let us know Smile

Search results for 'mountain biking' - NI Tourist Board
www.discovernorthernireland.com
Official listings of Search results for 'mountain biking' from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
about an hour ago · Like

Posted: Mar 23, 2012 at 13:31 Quote
Im gona phone them now Wink

Posted: Apr 1, 2012 at 8:46 Quote
They even cleaned the glass in the zoo lol last time I was there it was green lol

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 6:25 Quote
Rostrevor is the best place to ride in Ireland ... Fact lads

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014631
Mobile Version of Website